Honored Contributor

Trulance rx for IBS. Has anyone taken this? Peptide

[ Edited ]

Today I am picking up this rx...it is a laxative of a rare variety I am guessing.

It supposedly reverses constipation.

Reading reviews; scattered experiences all over the place!

if you have ever been prescribed this medication, would you please post?

Thisvis an amino-peptide, and it mimics the enzyme that lines the GI tract...I think!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Re: Trulance rx for IBS-C Has anyone taken this?

@LTT1  You know, I had problems with constipation all my life.  I used to take laxatives every day for it.  I've also always taken quite a few vitamin supplements for a long time.  Then I heard that calcium supplements could clog your arteries, so I drastically cut back on those.  On the same day, I decided to increase my magnesium supplement by an additional 500mg.  I swear, the very next morning it all changed.  I've continued with the increased magnesium with continued results.  I should add that I also found adding red pepper flakes to my evening meal helped with the "stimulation" part.  I haven't touched any other type of laxative for a few years now.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde

Do you know, or could you guess, how many mg magnesium do you take? 

Would you happen to know what type of magnesium?

thank you

Honored Contributor

For a laxative effect make sure the magnesium is Magnesium Oxide, same as in Phillips Milk of Mag. I take about 600 mg daily to combat the constipation effects of taking calcium and just normal constipation I have had all my life. I also take 2 or 3 stool softeners nightly, they are harmless, as told to me by my gastro doc. .

Respected Contributor

@LTT1  Sorry to take so long getting back to you.  I take a 500mg pill in the am and another 500mg with dinner. (I checked the label, and it is Magnesium Oxide.)

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde

Thank you for your reply!

Contributor

Re: Trulance rx for IBS. Has anyone taken this? Peptide

What brand of magnesium oxide do you use and where can I buy it. Thanks for any help.
Respected Contributor

@Cupcake wrote:
What brand of magnesium oxide do you use and where can I buy it. Thanks for any help.

@Cupcake  I buy all my many vitamins from Puritan's Pride (shop online......use Puritan with the usual ending).  I don't think it really matters much where you buy magnesium......it's a mineral, and it's not expensive.

Laura loves cats!
Contributor

@2blonde thank you for responding.
Super Contributor

I have tried this twice. The first time it didn't work and this time not so great either. Doesn't seem to help much with motility issues like zelnorm did. I take Dr Schuitz's intestinal formula 1 and magnesium and that helps a bit better. Have had this problem since childhood and wish there was a solution that worked. I also tied linzess and amatiza. Good luck- I really hope it helps you!!