Frequent Contributor

I'm taking my usuals:

oil of oregano capsules (seasonal for us)

Vitamin D 

Vitamin C

Zinc

and the usual suspects:

hand sanitizer

soap

Esteemed Contributor

As with any virus you need to let it run its course.  You can treat the symptoms i.e . fever, cough etc.  Hospitalization is usually for secondary infections such as pneumonia or other breathing conditions.  There are many medications that can be used it help breathing issues and increase oxygen levels as the body fights off the virus. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

@Darlingdino I had heard about the Chloroquine (an anti-malarial drug) and the Remdesivir (used in trials against Ebola, MERS, and SARS) along with high dose IV Vitamin C.  It would be nice if this were more discussed in the mainstream media.  I most certainly am stocking up on Vitamin C, and I am taking it, daily. 

as i posted on a different thread, remdesivir is being used on some cases in WA state - and is being tested for efficacy in trials at UNebraska Medical.  i don't think they have anything conclusive to report as yet.

Respected Contributor

My treatment for any flu/virus:

20-30 minutes of direct sunlight each day

Freshly made fruit juices - just blend up your fruit w/purified water in a blender, add a squeeze of honey and a spritz of cinamon

As much raw food as possible - preferably organic - fruits n vegetables

alkalize alkalize alkalize

Hard as it may be because of the media, try to focus on normal daily activities - and take a walk, ride a bike, go to the seashore (if possible), check in on your neighbors

Too many people on TV are spreading fear and doomsday

My question is what is going on in China?  Why are they ground zero for these new viruses?  Are they man made?  and Why didn't China do more when they recognized the problem? 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

My treatment for any flu/virus:

20-30 minutes of direct sunlight each day

Freshly made fruit juices - just blend up your fruit w/purified water in a blender, add a squeeze of honey and a spritz of cinamon

As much raw food as possible - preferably organic - fruits n vegetables

alkalize alkalize alkalize

Hard as it may be because of the media, try to focus on normal daily activities - and take a walk, ride a bike, go to the seashore (if possible), check in on your neighbors

Too many people on TV are spreading fear and doomsday

My question is what is going on in China?  Why are they ground zero for these new viruses?  Are they man made?  and Why didn't China do more when they recognized the problem? 

The population in China has overwhelmed the natural world where humans have become closer to species indigenous to their environment. The interface between humans and animals has become less defined which can present itself with the arrival of new and unknown diseases caused by organisms once thought to be found in non-human species. Organisms from other members of our world have found their way to infect humans because of a disruption in their world, not ours.

Respected Contributor

Re: Treatment for Corona ?

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee You explained that very well.  I've heard some rather rough comments, not here on this board, from people that tend to veiw the world with hateful eyes and bigotted thoughts, and it is soooo wrong.  I remember reading several years ago when a young black person was bullied off of a train in a US city when the Ebola virus was going around. Some folks are really stupid.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

I understand people are being hospitalized but what can the hospital do?  Antibiotics dont work on viruses.  I have not heard anyone address what the proper course of treatment would be to fight the pandemic ?  I know with the flu you rest a I know withnd drink fluids. But this is a whole new ballgame.

@Reever 

From what I have heard it's the same as what i bolded above. Of course it includes "isolation" from others, and the washing of the hands as recommeded. I have heard this since this was first recognized in the United States.

Maybe I am missing your point. This is what I've heard about what is done with those that tested positive, both in or out of the hosptial.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Re: Treatment for Corona ?

[ Edited ]

Those who need ventilators, etc are those who have developed more issues due to their weak immune systems or other preexisting conditions. From what I have seen on tv, the treatment and recovery for those who are not in a high risk group would be similar to a case of the flu....since it’s a virus, you can only treat the symptoms. The only med I know of for the flu is Tamiflu, but I know it can cause more problems than it helps and ma not sure it is even used anymore.

I think staying at home, resting, and drinking lots of liquids would be the best course of treatment...and probably taking otc meds for fever, cough, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

According to one doctor interviewed, we are much closer to developing antiviral drugs than a vaccine so at least we are getting somewhere.

Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN    China needs to be held responsible for not being more upfront about this virus....they kept it quiet.