Respected Contributor

Travatan for glaucoma prevention...

Just began doing the eye drops about 2 weeks ago.  Is it really necessary to drop them in holding your lower lid and then placing your finger on your tear duct for 1 minute?  My doctor said to just put one drop in each eye before bedtime...seemed pretty simple till I read otherwise...

Trusted Contributor

Re: Travatan for glaucoma prevention...

My doctor said the same thing.  I've been using them about 12 years without pulling on my lower eyelid.  The pressure readings have been great!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Prevention?  Or control?  I do eye drops to keep my eye pressure from going higher.  I hope there finally is something to prevent glaucoma for people in families like mine where it's genetic.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl  He/She is telling you to do that because most eye medications are lost through spillage and overflow.  The doctor just wants to be sure the medication is on your eye where it belongs and not spilling out and getting lost. You don't want to waste your time or money.