Honored Contributor

Re: Traumatic aortic rupture.. I found this info interesting

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66

"They never found out what he died from"? What year did he die and was an autopsy performed?

Personal questions, and I can certainly understand if you choose to keep it private. I am sorry you lost your husband, and offer my condolences at your loss.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

DH has lousy genes (2 heart attacks, quad bypass, huge abdominal aortic aneurysm; and that's just the heart).  The triple A was the scariest operation and TG it was discovered by a hand held ultrasound during a cardiology checkup.  DH stopped drinking and smoking years ago and his Dad died at 50, brother at 49 (he is 66 and is diligent about checkups etc).

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

DH has lousy genes (2 heart attacks, quad bypass, huge abdominal aortic aneurysm; and that's just the heart).  The triple A was the scariest operation and TG it was discovered by a hand held ultrasound during a cardiology checkup.  DH stopped drinking and smoking years ago and his Dad died at 50, brother at 49 (he is 66 and is diligent about checkups etc).

@patbz

Sounds like your husband is doing ok after going through the major Cardiac issues. Really fortunate the Ultrasound was one of his procedures. Hope he continues to do well.

He and I have a lot in common with genetics, mine from my maternal side. Non of my uncles made it out of their 50's, and here I am still kickin pretty high a double 7's.

Best to both of you,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)