Honored Contributor

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1292594/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_32

Ever see this TV movie based on a true story, if you can find it, a truly amazing story , and so very inspirational. 

Honored Contributor

Dr. Phil had this subject recently as a show. He had on a beautiful young smart young lady with Tourette's.   It was to make America aware of the syndrome. I felt so bad for her...it really opened my eyes to the affliction.♥️

https://www.drphil.com/videos/parents-say-daughter-struggles-with-aggressive-form-of-tourette-syndro...

Respected Contributor
Annabelle. This man may be living with Cerebral Palsy. Some people now have Tardive Dyskensia which causes permanent uncontrollable muscle movements. This is a serious side effect of certain ant-pschotic meds which underperformed as pychotic meds so were pushed as ant -deprssants.

Now so many people thought they were being treated for depression find they have TD
Devastating. so a new drug class was created to treat TD.

Huntingtons Disease and Parkinsons also involve involuntary body movements.

Its sad and difficult enough to live with without others staring and making judgements and Dx them
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Mz iMac  Perhaps you missed the part where I said he and she were working at a WATER PARK.

I don't know where you got your information from.

I never said it was a parking lot where I asked the kid if he knew where my daughter was.

Once again, hummm........

Perhaps you should re-read it or on second thought why not pass on it.

Thanks ahead of time.

Perhaps you should go back and re-read what you wrote. Or at least apologize to @Mz iMac

Valued Contributor

Re: Tourettes Syndrome

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Mz iMac  Perhaps you missed the part where I said he and she were working at a WATER PARK.

I don't know where you got your information from.

I never said it was a parking lot where I asked the kid if he knew where my daughter was.

Once again, hummm........

Perhaps you should re-read it or on second thought why not pass on it.

Thanks ahead of time.

Perhaps you should go back and re-read what you wrote. Or at least apologize to @Mz iMac

There is nothing confusing about @Annabellethecat66's post and I don't think she owe's anyone an apology because they could not follow what was being said.

Respected Contributor

I'd never heard of this disorder before & when I 1st started working in a phone co. switching office in about 1980, there was another tech that had it.  I was working on something & he was working in the same aisle, but the opposite side, so our backs were to each other.  He was behind me & muttering "F Me, F Me, F Me" over & over & I didn't really want to turn around & look, but I stood there looking straight ahead & blinking & wondering "what the heck?"  He was really a nice guy, but he'd say inappropriate things & had a lot of tics.  He was married & had a family.  It wasn't until some years later that I learned it was Tourettes.  Not sure what ever happened to him, because we both went elsewhere in the co to work eventually.

Esteemed Contributor

Tourette's is an interesting thing.  I know an autistic soul who has some of the symptoms.

I cuss like a sailor and I think I am going to use this as an excuse.  I went for an entire year without uttering a curse and it changed me.  I went back to cursing.

And like I thought today, I'm not passive/agressive.  I'm just agressive.

The mind is amazing and we certainly don't all think alike.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Tourette's is an interesting thing.  I know an autistic soul who has some of the symptoms.

I cuss like a sailor and I think I am going to use this as an excuse.  I went for an entire year without uttering a curse and it changed me. I went back to cursing.

And like I thought today, I'm not passive/agressive.  I'm just agressive.

The mind is amazing and we certainly don't all think alike.

Am I understanding you correctly, @Sweetbay magnolia?  You cuss a lot so you're going to claim that you have Tourette's as your excuse for having a potty mouth? Do you think saying that is even remotely funny?  That is super insensitive and insulting to those who live with this horrible illness.  I'm sure every one burdened with it would love to trade places with you and not be controlled with jerking body movements and ticking thousands of times a day.   Wow.  Just wow. 🤦‍♀️

Esteemed Contributor

I owe no one an apology.

You may make any assumption you wish about my motivations.

I try to be empathetic to all sorts in life, and that will continue to be my intent.

This always happens here.  If it wasn't that I murdered roosters now it's that I make fun of disabilities, and the high and mighty continue to proclaim.

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

I taught a student with Tourette's several years ago. I don't think he had any motor issues, just the verbal outbursts that were uncontrollable. I think there are now more treatments for it now but I don't know their effectiveness. The young man you saw at the grocery store shouldn't have been out alone, let alone driving, if he had spasticity. Sounds like something else was also going on. I hope your friend at the store was able to help him if possible.