Super Contributor

Tony Little's Bison Grass FINISHED?

Does anyone know if his bison is totally grass fed?

All beef is "grass fed" but most is also corn finished, which means knee deep in manure, eating corn which is not natural, and all the rest really ugly stuff that happenes to beef cattle in the feed lot.

Tony Little keeps saying "grass fed" but as you see, it is a meaningless term if the animal is not competely grass fed, that is, grass finished.

I'm curious. I don't eat meat but was considering it for my family members that do. Anyone know? Thanks. - Bird

Honored Contributor

Re: Tony Little's Bison Grass FINISHED?

This term is new to me. It sounds kind of suspicious.

Respected Contributor

On 1/27/2014 The Bird said:

Does anyone know if his bison is totally grass fed?

All beef is "grass fed" but most is also corn finished, which means knee deep in manure, eating corn which is not natural, and all the rest really ugly stuff that happenes to beef cattle in the feed lot.

Tony Little keeps saying "grass fed" but as you see, it is a meaningless term if the animal is not competely grass fed, that is, grass finished.

I'm curious. I don't eat meat but was considering it for my family members that do. Anyone know? Thanks. - Bird

Makes me wish I was a vegetarian.
Honored Contributor

I doubt it is grass finished. I am pretty sure he would state that because it is an important point.

I won't buy his products because they contain other ingredients that I do not want in my body.

Trusted Contributor

I ordered TL's bison once, never again. The meat is very salty & extremely high in sodium.

Super Contributor

Thank you ladies for your responses. I did look at the ingredients in the hot dogs - I have a family member who loves hot dogs, but I never buy them because of what is IN them lol! - and the TL bison dogs have beef mixed in. I will not buy American beef unless it is from a particular farm in the south where their beef truly is grass fed and finished. No corn and feed lots there. OMG there is a reason the beef industry lobbied to make it illegal to film and expose what happens to beef cattle in this country.

Well, for now, I do have a local meat guy and I am grateful for that source for my family members. - Bird

Super Contributor

It's disgusting what we are doing to ourselves. Allowing big business to ruin our farms and our food.

No wonder every other child has severe food allergies.

I'm waiting for the third eye to pop out on my forehead. At least then I could join the circus.

Honored Contributor

On 1/28/2014 radimage said:

It's disgusting what we are doing to ourselves. Allowing big business to ruin our farms and our food.

I'm waiting for the third eye to pop out on my forehead. At least then I could join the circus.

And if that isn't bad enough.........there's the ""farmed fish""

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

On 1/28/2014 radimage said: