Honored Contributor

Looks like a new one and it's curved.  Watching the presentation and it seems to me like it makes for a better workout.  

Esteemed Contributor

I"ve done whole body vibration for several years on a full size machine. Bought a flat platorm for hone use.

The downside of the newer curved platform units is lack of balance/stability. Not sure they would accomodate a chair seat if a user needed one.

Among the pricey, professional machines I haven't seen one with a curved bed.

Esteemed Contributor
@ snowpuppy

Can I ask which platform you went with and what benefits you have seen using the platform? I am interested in the concept to see if one of these types of vibrating platforms helps with balance or if it would exacerbate my vertigo.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:
@ snowpuppy

Can I ask which platform you went with and what benefits you have seen using the platform? I am interested in the concept to see if one of these types of vibrating platforms helps with balance or if it would exacerbate my vertigo.

I bought a Life Pro platform on The A. Less than $300. It does weigh about 70 lbs. UPS will bring them to the door but not inside.

I bought the platform with dual motors so it offers oscillation vibration as well.  You can sit on the platform if you're agile and don't need the seat.

I had mild vertigo years ago but it resolved itself before I started whole body vibration. I use the platform for circulation and lymphatic drainage.  Always check with your dr but I would caution against it if you've had joint replacement.

Esteemed Contributor

@Snowpuppy 

Thanks for information. I don't have any joint replacements .... yet. Smiley Happy

I find the concept intriguing, but I don't know anyone personally who uses one to ask questions regarding benefits, etc. I'm going to ponder it and then ask my personal doctor when I see her this spring.

Thanks again ...

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

@rms1954 

It has always had the curve, since the inception of his platform. 

I purchased it over a year ago and use it every single day.

I find it particularly useful on my whole self prior to a strenuous elliptical or step aerobioc routine, and love it after using my total gym squat platform. 

It helps me rev up before I exercise and recover afterwards.

I LOVE this thing, I really do.  

My husband had hip replacement over a year ago and he sits on the rug and puts his legs up on it for a relaxing and invigorating circulation boost.   

He isn't crazy about standing on it though.

For reference I'm 59 and he's 61.

Honored Contributor

I bought it 7 or 8 months ago.  I compared it to others and I liked that his vibration platform is wider, longer and curved.  Although I use it sitting down.  Hubby stands.  I love the different levels and that I can listen to my music while I'm getting my workout.  Even sitting I get a good workout.  I slacked off during for a month or so but I was on it this morning.  

Respected Contributor

I cannot watch him for even 1 minute. And a minute is about how long I ever watch hsn.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

I"ve done whole body vibration for several years on a full size machine. Bought a flat platorm for hone use.

The downside of the newer curved platform units is lack of balance/stability. Not sure they would accomodate a chair seat if a user needed one.

Among the pricey, professional machines I haven't seen one with a curved bed.

Omg you made me laugh out loud...hard.  We we say that we use our vibration platform seated, we don't mean that we put a chair on it!!  And now I'm laughing at that mental image.  Obviously you have not seen a presentation.  By seated, we mean, we sit in a chair.  I use a straight back dining room chair.  The platform is in front of me and my feet go on it.  My lower body, abdomen, butt and  get the benefit of the vibration.  No one in their right mind would put a chair on the platform, even if you could.  The platforms we use at home not the machines you are thinking about.

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe a seat is a better description than "chair". They are not dining chairs.

Life Pro offers a flat platform with a seat on The A. About $300. There was also a platform with detachable seat offered on the Q.

I was introduced to the pro style machines at my naturopath. Yep, I can and do sit with my tush on the platform. Eases my sciatica when it acts up. 

You can use it for many different exercises using many positions if you're agile. The seat accessory is a newer offering for those who have more limited mobility.