Honored Contributor

Anybody here have those **** things ? I don't want to have tonsils

took out, afraid I'll bleed to death since I'm over 60. Got a water pik

to try and flush the one or 2 I get , got a tool kit I use to remove them

myself, but, they keep coming back.

Some other method out there that works ? I brush teeth 4 times a day and use Biotene, go to dentist twice a yr. so, have good dental hygeine and still they return.

Frequent Contributor

I find that allergies cause mine.  I had to give up milk products because I got such bad post-nasal drip after drinking it.  Try to think about what is causing these. I use Mucinex try keep them at bay if I feel them coming.  It's weird but works for me.

Honored Contributor

I had the same problem and finally had my tonsils out when I was 33.  It was the best thing.  I wish I had done it sooner.

I was scared too and almost left the hospital in just a hospital gown because I changed my mind at the last minute.  When it was all over,I realized I had nothing to worry about.  I was an easy surgery and I went back to work in three days.

I had no bleeding issues am doing no more dragon breath.

Honored Contributor

I just have 2 that keep coming back. I've seen some horrible pics online of people that have 50. If I was in that bad of a shape I'd take a chance and have tonsils out. I feel I should be able to handle it without having to remove the things every couple of wks myself.

Dentist would charge 100 bucks probably. As long as you can get to them they're not hard to remove, but, you get one halfway down your throat and that's a pain.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE.  What in the heck is a tonsil stone?  Never heard of such a thing.  I had mine removed when I was about 9 years old.  How can you swallow with a stone in your throat?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
Never had a tonsil stone. I had frequent bouts of tonsillitis as a small child, but grew out of it and did well until after I graduated high school.

Shortly after graduation, I swore something changed internally as I had teeth issues resulting in root canals, and frequent bouts of tonsillitis again. I finally had my tonsils out at 19. I enjoyed the jello and ice cream in the hospital, but came home to eat chicken livers, hamburger and fries! Pain was not an issue, and I had no complications.

My oldest daughter had her tonsils out at 30, and also did very well. She had one stone, which was removed by her doctor.
Honored Contributor

@SharkE Don't you think it would be worth paying a dentist, a professional, $100 or so to take care of this for you? Or do you remove them and they keep coming back. I must be dim cuz I don't get it.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE I get these.  Scared me the first time I saw one, but the doctor removed it and then I felt kinda embarrassed about it.  I have been known to remove them with a dental pick but it's not fun and I often gag.  Haven't seen any in awhile although I often feel like one is there when I'm singing,

Honored Contributor

Yep , return in couple of wks. I'd be in dentist chair 3 times a month LOL

tonsil stone is a yellowish calcium deposit think is how they describe it. Never had any trouble till last yr or so. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SharkE I get these.  Scared me the first time I saw one, but the doctor removed it and then I felt kinda embarrassed about it.  I have been known to remove them with a dental pick but it's not fun and I often gag.  Haven't seen any in awhile although I often feel like one is there when I'm singing,

You can get tonsil stone removal kits like 5-10 bucks from amazon

They're just a nuisance, not cancer or nothing. I'm always taking care

of my own problems LOL

Tiny tools with a  scoop on the end that you just lift them out.

I got a steady hand.