Esteemed Contributor

Tomorrow I will have one eye cataracts removed

I'm a bit concerned, I know some who have had it done, and it wasn't successful.  Please would you say a prayer for me that it will be a successful surgery for my left eye, and again for my right eye on July 14th.

This should be all over with by the time we move on Aug. 17th! 

Thank you in advance!

Contributor

Re: Tomorrow I will have one eye cataracts removed

@gloriajean wrote:

I'm a bit concerned, I know some who have had it done, and it wasn't successful.  Please would you say a prayer for me that it will be a successful surgery for my left eye, and again for my right eye on July 14th.

Thank you in advance!

I will say a prayer for you that your eye surgeries will be successful.  I have had both of my eyes done.  Remember that if you wear glasses, you may have to wait a few weeks before your new prescription can be used to make new glasses.  I had that problem.  Maybe you won't need glasses if you wear them now.  It all depends on the replacement lens that your doctor uses.  Good Luck!

Honored Contributor

I do understand your concern and anxiety.  I have had both eyes done as well....no problem!  The pre-anxieties are worst part..and all the eye drops.  But, when it comes to your eyes, who wouldn't worry.  They will give you something to relax a bit but you are not "out".  If you are claustrophobic, having a light covering over your face may bother you.  It is ok!!!   You can breathe!  They have to keep the area as sterile as possible.  It does not take that long and you will be on your way.  Second one is much easier as you will know what to expect.  Good Luck!  You will be just fine!  

Honored Contributor

gloriajean

May both surgeries be a success and I can understand how you feel.  I also will sooner than later have to have cataract surgery, it is inevitable.  Two of my girlfriends had the surgery awhile ago and came through fine and all went well.  In fact I don't know any one who had issues with this surgery.

Be strong and before you know it these issues will be behind you and you will be fine. 

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean  The surgery is a piece of cake.  I have had both eyes done but not at the same time.  You will wear a patch for one day and when it is removed the next day your eye sight will be the best it has every been.  Colors will be very vivid but that fades.  It's not painful and you don't feel anything.  So relax, everything will be fine.  You will have to use eye drops for a while but that's it.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I had mine done 2 years ago and I went from 20/700 to 20/15. No need for glasses even for reading. The worst part is the weeks of eye drops. You will do great. I had mine done around 7 am and was home by 9:30 and that included a stop for breakfast. 

Honored Contributor

I know several people who have had successful cataract surgery, including my MIL who sailed through the procedure.  She was so pleased with her eyesight afterward.  

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean wrote:

I'm a bit concerned, I know some who have had it done, "and it wasn't successful"

@gloriajean 

I have had cataract surgery on both eyes. Wanted to start with telling you that information. The biggest problem, I even hesitate using that word, was putting eye drops in 4 times a day, 2 different kinds. 

Since many of my friends and associates are considered "seniors", most of them have had cataract surgery. I am talking probably 50-60 people, and not a one of them had any problems, that anyone would consider a serious nature.

My body has been through many, many  invasive surgeries and procedures, and I can tell you this. I gave little to no concern about having this surgery and after having it? It was far and away one of the easiest, painless medical procedures I have had done.

I understand, to a certain degree your apprehension and anxiety. You, I am sure have read a good number of my posts. Many times I have said "worry and fear of (what could/might happen) is a waste of energy, and accomplishes absolutely nothing".

That said, I send you my best wishes with your upcoming surgery. 

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@gloriajean wrote:

Thank you in advance!

You will do wonderfully.  Piece of cake.  One of least painful procedures ever.

Back for lunch and you can post us with the other eye.

Happy Patch Day.

Esteemed Contributor

@gloriajean :  You will do fine.  Why not ask your doctor if he/she ever uses the version of the procedure where they put the medication in your eye during surgery ( rather than having to do the drops afterward).  My doctor used this method and I had floaters for a couple of days but it was easy peasy.