Honored Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

I can only speak to my family.  Most members lived to 90-102 years old.

As far as I know, no-one was vegetarian, let alone vegan. No-one did any kind of diet. There were varied diets (intakes). Some ate more desserts and sweets than others. Some ate more bread products than others. Some drank more than others.  Lots of vegetables. No-one lived solely on one type of food. No-one took supplements because there was no need as their diets provided their necessary nutrients. No-one was fat. From what I saw, there seemed to be moderation. 

There are 3 things, however, that they all shared in common.
DNA
Lots of physical activity (not everyone did weight-bearing, but everyone did lots of aerobics)
Pleasure in what they were doing-- work, play, etc

In the end, we're all going to wind up in the same place.  And the outcome isn't very good.😅

I think life is too short to put so many restrictions on yourself and try to outsmart nature. I just think people should relax a little. 

@ILTH 

And here I thought I was the only one who was going to end up in Tahiti.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot You're funny! Smiley LOL

In the end, we're all going to wind up in the same place.  And the outcome isn't very good.😅

I think life is too short to put so many restrictions on yourself and try to outsmart nature. I just think people should relax a little. 

@ILTH 

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@QueenDanceALot You're funny! Smiley LOL

@ILTH 

😂

Honored Contributor

Just in case anyone doesn't know, keto can also be done in a plant-based fashion.  It's not only for meat protein eaters.  There are books out about this now and a few keto books also include a plant-based version.  

Eating IS only one portion of wellness.  Unfortunately, it's one of the few portions we have control of as to choices we make unless we are the heads of a corporation that controls farms, farm yields, or other controls over our food, or control over weed/pest management, production of cars with more or less pollution, and so on, and so on.  No doubt everyone is already aware of soil depletion and other "modern" issues.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Spoiler: NOT to Keto

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, regardless if it’s vegan or not, when you’re dealing

with 50-60-70+% fat, it’s not good.  

All that dietary fat is stored in the muscles & liver...making one 

more insulin resistant & setting yourself up for all sorts

cardiovascular issues. 

It’s not like Beetlejuice.

Saying ‘keto’, ‘paleo’ or ‘low carb’ 3 times doesn’t make it 

healthy or safe. Never has & never will.

I would encourage anyone to just listen to the webinar 

below to fully understand the underlying health issues

around a diet high in fat. 

https://youtu.be/gS2F4B4ZT3Q

7827A197-C69C-4DBE-92E7-0726E4FDB77A.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Webinar is on.

And....they’re also going to talk about Vegan Keto.

Respected Contributor

It might work, but it is very unhealthy way of eating. Especially for those with A type blood, they just are not designed to process all these ketones.

Frequent Contributor
Type A blood here 🙋🏻‍♀️and doing great in keto! I’m about 90% carnivore and feel amazing. I think Diet is a very personalized thing with some people feeling better with more veg, some with less to none. My brain hums along nicely on about 75% fat. I figure, if fat was going to hurt us, why would our bodies store extra energy for emergencies AS FAT?
Frequent Contributor
I love that the webinar is talking about vegan keto. It’s not for me but it will possibly be good for others and more information is always good.
Honored Contributor

@SANNA wrote:

It might work, but it is very unhealthy way of eating. Especially for those with A type blood, they just are not designed to process all these ketones.

I had massive problems on the Keto diet and I have O+ blood.