Honored Contributor

Re: To all my friends on this forum

@Trinity11

Good health to you also, Trinity.  We both know that's the best thing one could wish for. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut  Best of health to you and your wife in 2018.  You both have dealt with so much.  Hope life gets easier for you!  Happy skating!

Honored Contributor

@hckynut  John, think of it as a marathon and not a sprint Woman Happy  Last thing you need is some intestines getting out or knotted up or twisted on the way back in.  Once they repair the hernia and you heal, you will be able to resume activity.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Wishing you the best possible surgical outcome.  I also wish you could just push the herniated spot right back into place, like magic, and avoid surgery altogether, but, alas, that is not to be.  

Sometimes we push ourselves too hard only to find out how delicate we really are.  Many of us can relate to this.  Walking too much, and getting "into shape" resulted in bilateral plantar fasciitis for me, which I was very lucky to be able to resolve with proper custom orthotic insoles and stretching exercises. The experience sure did make me think twice about going on long walks again, though. I can thoroughly understand why someone would have surgery to relieve the pain of that condition. Sometimes there just is no other option.      

Anyway, all the best to you this coming week, and beyond, as you heal.

Valued Contributor

Take care and be well.Your health is one of your riches and the friends another.

cathy from ma

Honored Contributor

Hi, John.  Wondering how you are? I realize you may be recovering from surgery so just dropped in to say Hi to you and Cindy.  One thing that has really hit home to us (DH and I) this year and......  in the situations we have found ourselves this year..... had both of us been down at the same time, I'm not sure what we would do???  I am happier when I know he is being a little cautious so he can be here for me.  I am trying to do the same for him. Take care and a speedy recovery to you!