Honored Contributor

To All Who Have Wondered About My Mother

[ Edited ]

Finally, I can post again!  I have tried many times but this is the first day I have been able to get in.

Mom is in hospice now.  There is a beautiful Hospice Home only 10 minutes from us.  It was obvious that we were going to be calling an ambulance often.  We tried so hard to keep her home but could not keep her comfortable and she was crashing hard when it came to her breathing so we really had no choice.  She has a lovely room and surroundings.  We are with her many hours daily.  She is on morphine to control the breathing attacks and today she was having lots of company and much family visiting. She likes it very much and is being pampered like you wouldn't believe.  Her heart is very damaged. They are doing a tremendous job keeping her comfortable and have taken her off most of her meds. She is actually feeling safer and much more comfortable here.  Her room is like a 4 or 5 star hotel room and we were so lucky they had an opening here. The staff and nurses are the best I have ever seen. I pray, when it's her time, it will go quickly.

She is not "out of it" and very aware...enjoying all the company.  We could not possibly have given her this ending at home.  Yes, our hearts  are hurting but knowing and seeing how happy she is gives us great joy.

Honored Contributor

Re: To All Who Have Wondered About My Mother

@jubilant wrote:

Finally, I can post again!  I have tried many times but this is the first day I have been able to get in.

Mom is in hospice now.  There is a beautiful Hospice Home only 10 minutes from us.  It was obvious that we were going to be calling an ambulance often.  We tried so hard to keep her home but could not keep her comfortable and she was crashing hard when it came to her breathing so we really had no choice.  She has a lovely room and surroundings.  We are with her many hours daily.  She is on morphine to control the breathing attacks and today she was having lots of company and much family visiting. She likes it very much and is being pampered like you wouldn't believe.  Her heart is very damaged. They are doing a tremendous job keeping her comfortable and have taken her off most of her meds. She is actually feeling safer and much more comfortable here.  Her room is like a 4 or 5 star hotel room and we were so lucky they had an opening here. The staff and nurses are the best I have ever seen. I pray, when it's her time, it will go quickly.

She is not "out of it" and very aware...enjoying all the company.  We could not possibly have given her this ending at home.  Yes, our hearts  are hurting but knowing and seeing how happy she is gives us great joy.

@jubilant I am so sorry for your hard time.  You will be in my prayers.  I have been through this a few times and I know people are really set on keeping loved ones at home, but sometimes they are far more comfortable and needs met immediately by trained people in a care facility.

I am so glad that all of you are more comfortable and getting her needs met on a timely basis--and without trips to the ER--terrible on everyone.  SO, take blessed moments when they come and be assurred that she knows you all love her.  

Esteemed Contributor

@jubilant Like I said in a prior post it is a partnership between the family, and the facility. It sounds like you have that partnership established. I know it was a difficult decision for you and your family, but it was the right one. I wish you peace during this difficult part of the journey.

Honored Contributor

Your mother's hospice situation sounds much like my father's was many years ago.  I continue to say to this day that those hospice personnel were angels on earth.

I hope your mother continues to comfortably be able to enjoy her time with family as long as possible.❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@jubilant-hugs to you, your mother and your family.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Wishing you peace and comfort as you spend quality time with your dear mother on her final journey.  My experience with Hospice was very positive, as my other spent her last days being cared by Hospice in a nursing home.  I will also add that my DB and I took advantage of bereavement services offered by Hospice after her passing.  It was very helpful, and I would recommend to anyone.

You are a good and caring daughter, and I am glad your mother is in comfort and surrounded by love.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Praying for you and your dear mother, @jubilant, that you find peace in knowing she is receiving loving care.  My family and I were blessed to have Avow Hospice in Naples, Florida, care for my late Dad a few years ago. Since then, we have been donating regularly to Avow and other well-run hospices to help them continue giving to other families what they gave to ours.  You are a wonderful daughter.

Respected Contributor

@jubilant   Sending hugs.  How wonderful for your mom and your family to know that she is being well taken care of.  

Enjoy your time together and take time for yourself as well.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

@jubilant 

Thank you for this update. I am glad to see your mother is happy. Thoughts to your mother and both you and your sister. ♥️🙏

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Thoughts for all of your family and keeping you all in prayer.