Respected Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

Unfortunately, you don't have to be over 50 to experience the ignorance of some people.  I've lost a lot of weight ~ I went from a size 16/18 to a size 6/8.  I remember visiting a garden center the first spring after losing all the weight.  I'm a regular there so many of the people who work there know me.  One of the ladies came up to me and immediately asked me if I was sick.  I told her that I feel great, actually never been better.  She responded with something like (don't remember the exact words) ~ you're so thin, you must be ill.  Really?  Some people just can't be happy for others or throw out a compliment.  It used to upset me but now I figure if they go to such great lengths to try to get to me then I must be doing something right!  :-)

@Julie928....you go girl. Good for you for losing all that weight and are now feeling great. I know, some comments from people are just plain ignorant. Just shake your head and try to blow them off. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter

Yes, for sure.  Words can be used as weapons.  If some would only stop and think how they would feel ---it would save so much pain!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin