Contributor

Re: Tip for contact lens wears

It's great that some companies will set you up on auto delivery so you never have to be without.  Always good to shop around though and get deals if you preorder. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Tip for contact lens wears

Unfortunately I can't shop around as I have terrible eyesight and most companies don't even make contacts with my strong prescription.  1-800-Contacts has never carried my prescription.  Thanks to my father's family, I am a -10.0.  For 40 years I wore CSI clear.  Not daily wear contacts but the ones you take out before you go to bed.  Though I would take 2-3 hr naps in them all the time.  One pair at $100 would last me 2 years.

About 3 years ago, when it was time for another pair, I was told they went out of business.  I was devastated.  I've been working with my doctors office to find a replacement.  The issue is that almost no companies make the non-daily wear contacts anymore.  They are all the once a day and throw them out.  I tried a couple of them and the lens was so thin I had so much trouble handling them and they stuck on my eyeballs.  And I couldn't see,  They finally found a company who makes the non-daily wear AND had them in my precription.  Not as good as my CSI's.  I so miss them and sad the company went out of business.  They are the only contacts that worked for me.

I checked into Lasik, but I would need too much correction.  They've have to laser too much off, so I don't qualify.  I do qualify for the old PRK but not sure I want someone cutting my eye with a knife and a longer recovery.