Honored Contributor

Dare I suggest a deep plie?

Trusted Contributor

i was thinking of using bands, something with resistance.

Contributor

Hi springers. I alternate my workouts between treadmill walking/jogging, elliptical machine, and Total Gym squats. I studied years of ballet, and plies are something I still do as well. The Q has this piece of equipment that I'm semi-interested in trying, F11434.

I isolate the abductor muscle doing leg raises with ankle weights, and alternating by holding a 10 lb. dumbbell on my inner thigh as I do sets of leg lifts too.

Hope you get some good ideas!

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with Kitty about the ballet!

If you have cable, search OnDemand for SportSkool or something like that. They have ballet stretches that work the inner thigh.

I do Sumo Squats in the gym with a barbell, but you can easily do them at him with or without weights.

Stand with your feet wider than shoulder width apart.

Hinge at the hip.

Squat.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor
On 11/22/2014 springers said:

i was thinking of using bands, something with resistance.

Loop your band around something that won't move.

Stand with your right leg in between your left leg and the band.

Put your foot in the loop so that the band is around your ankle.

Move your right foot as far to the left as you can and hold,

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor
On 11/22/2014 springers said: What works for you at home. I dont belong to a gym, but I walk hills forwards and backwards (work the front of my thighs-quads). I am content with this but I need something for the inner thigh. I was thinking of Suzanne Somers contraption. I also have a torso track, maybe I can find ideas from them.

Any resistance exercise that involves pulling the legs together will contract the "abductor muscles" of the inner thigh.

I've used a chair/loveseat and other things I have sitting around the house. I've got machines up the "cazoo" that I can use for this, but sometimes I just like to "improvise".

Find a chair that is not too heavy/move your leg as far away from your body as you can/put your foot around the leg of the chair and pull in towards your body. This does require some trial and error to make sure your muscles are strong enough to do this movement.

Think this will give you an idea of what type of movement is necessary for this muscle group. A person can go with fancy machines are improvisation, when necessary. One should always read or ask someone what movement contracts a muscle group and from there it is much easier to find something to achieve this movement without spending a bunch of $$$ for something a person does not need.

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

It's funny you mentioned inner thighs because Lisa had a video on that particular thing. I like using my BowFlex or Pilates for just about any toning, but I also like to find new exercises to mix it up by either YouTube videos for specific muscle groups or step-by-step instructions. Like you, I also do a lot of up and down hill hiking, but that only does the front and back. That's pretty much why I turn to my equipment or online for other options. Once you begin toning your inner and outer leg muscles, you will be very pleased with the results. I think they will shape up quickly since your legs are already in good shape from the exercises you currently do. I've always been taught not only to work out opposing muscle groups for balance, but to work around the entire muscle (outer, inner), so you will like the results. Anyway, check out Lisa's video which gives you one option. Good luck finding exercises you like!

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=849849638399397&set=vb.158614930856208&type=3&theater

Valued Contributor

My two cents' worth: I've danced all my life, and the rond de jambe is an excellent way to tighten those inner thighs. It's only this past year because of back and sciatic nerve problems I haven't taken any classes (am in my 70s). The first place that went was the inner thighs. So I'm starting slowly at home and it simply isn't that hard to do. You do NOT need an instructor or a class (although that would be fun). Google "rond de jambe" and watch a video and you'll get it.

Contributor

You can use an inexpensive play ground ball to do inner thigh exercises. Many pilates exercise incorporate a ball placed between the knees to keep your thigh muscles active. It's pretty much the same idea behind the Suzanne Summers thigh gadget. Place a ball between you knees and squeeze away.

Trusted Contributor

Thigh Master. Hey, don't laugh, it really works if used consistently.