Frequent Contributor

Re: Thoughts and Advice Welcome!

Wow, @CelticCrafter I am sorry (and actually shocked) that you don't believe what is happening to my friend. It is 100% true and is an ongoing stressor in my friend's life.

As for getting "sucked in", that was in response to some that thought I should not get involved and me acknowledging others that continue to share their comments, views, advice and suggestions with me.

The fact that my friend's boss is weilding his power over him is very frustrating for me - especially because it concerns his health!  My friend does not have many other employment options at this point in his life.

It is sad to me that you don't believe this.  But, I guess that proves how truly weird and  ridiculous his boss' actions are.

Besides all this, why in the world would I make up something like this?

JW

Honored Contributor

If it is his health that is illegal. He needs an attorney.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

@JohnnyWasnt    A good salesperson can always get a job. Please let us know what happens. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't think legally this "boss" has the right to give anyone medical  advice. I would just tell him I am under my Doctor's care and have the Doctor write a note stating that and that he will decide what medication he needs.  

Respected Contributor

i've had a couple of real jerks for bosses but this story makes no sense AT ALL.  A 1099 contractor and he just happily hands over his credit card  ROFLOL

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@JohnnyWasnt wrote:

I think y'all see now why it's so hard not to get sucked in!

What the heck is going on!?!

Smiley Mad JW

Suucked into a fake story...

I can't be the only one that doesn't believe a word of this...

@CelticCrafter  Rude.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@JohnnyWasnt wrote:

I think y'all see now why it's so hard not to get sucked in!

What the heck is going on!?!

Smiley Mad JW

Suucked into a fake story...

I can't be the only one that doesn't believe a word of this...

@CelticCrafter  Rude.

@Cakers3 That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, just as I was  entitled to mine.....

Honored Contributor

I am astonshined at how many people do not know what is happen'. That is why I think this is a true  prob.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

@Mindy D I do understand.  My comments/suggestions were just what I thought could/might work to try to diffuse the situation and make is stop - I'm sure what the friend is going through with the mystery seizure disorder is stressful enough, so I thought trying it the way I suggested might smooth it over so the friend could continue to work in peace and the boss could feel respected and 'heard'. (and therefore stop pushing his advice)  I never thought what the friend is being put through is ok or appropriate, or that he should follow the boss's advice or ultimatum, but just to try to make things better with some finesse. 

I think  read somewhere in this thread that the "dr." said to give it a try - can't hurt!?  I have to look at all the posts to make sure that's truely what the doc. said.  If that's the case, it kind of moots my advice.  Also, adds to the weirdness of this whole story!