Frequent Contributor

Re: Thoughts and Advice Welcome!

@moonandthestars, unbelievable thought it may seem, he is telling my friend he must take CBD.  My friend has told him over and over that he is under the care of a neurologist and is taking prescribed medication.

Yet, he continues to badger my friend - by text! - to take the CBD.  He went so far as to say that my friend would be suspended if he refused to take the CBD.

I could understand the boss saying that the seizure disorder must be under control if he wants to continue to be a salesman but that is not the case. For some reason, he wants my friend to take CBD.  And, I reiterate, this boss has absolutely no medical background.

You would not believe his actual background if I told you.  

Thanks so much!

JW

Frequent Contributor

@Kachina624 Yes, that is what makes this especially weird.  How can his "boss" suspend him if he doesn't actually work for him.

I guess what he really means is that he won't give my friend any more work (which would be very bad for my friend).

It is strange, isn't it?  

And, I just learned that the boss put in the order for the CBD and insisted that my friend give him his credit card number to pay!  My friend didn't feel in the position to tell his boss no. 

What a mess!  He needs the job and can't just tell his boss what I would like to tell him (which I'm sure you can imagine!).

Thanks again!

Frequent Contributor

What you are now describing is basically extortion. His boss forced him to pay for CBD oil?  I think he should take a few days off and get to an attorney immediately. 

Respected Contributor

@nikkisaunt1wrote: What you are now describing is basically extortion. His boss forced him to pay for CBD oil? I think he should take a few days off and get to an attorney immediately. 

Exactly !!

Frequent Contributor

@nikkisaunt1 @Goodie2shoes I agree with both of you 100%!

We just really didn't know if he could because he is not an "employee".  But now, we will suggest that he contact an attorney ASAP!

Thanks so much!!

Honored Contributor

Your friend GAVE the "boss" his CREDIT CARD NUMBER ????

The problems are just beginning...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Frequent Contributor

@Desertdi OY!!!

Frequent Contributor

I think y'all see now why it's so hard not to get sucked in!

What the heck is going on!?!

Smiley Mad JW

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The "boss" must know his actions are insane, illegal and likely to get him in trouble.

So I'm wondering what is his actual motivation. Maybe someone told him the friend is a liability risk to the company and he's trying an innovative and fast way to get rid of him. Maybe the boss was told by his boss to get rid of the friend, and he's actually trying to help him.

In any case, the friend needs immediate legal counsel. 

My gut tells me this relationship cannot be saved. Nobody dealing with a seizure disorder needs this kind of stress. The friend's financial situation will work itself out. He's a perfect candidate for Go Fund Me.

Respected Contributor

Wow it just gets worse!  Poor guy to feel obligated to such a creep!  I would hope there is someone higher up he could go to for help, no job is worth that stress, maybe he would qualify for state disability.  Even better a fat lawsuit!