Honored Contributor

Those with stomach issues, can you post what medications & tips have helped you?

As a long-time sufferer of IBS and acid reflux, etc., would you be kind of enough to post some of the medications, both traditional and herbal, which have helped you? Also any vitamins, minerals, any supplements you feel have helped in your stomach and digestive problems. And, of course, any eating tips and habits in general you feel have made a big difference in the way you feel.

I currently take Nexium in the morning, Formatdine (sp) in the evening and also use other antacids & Metamucil as needed. I still have stomach pain. I went through testing - various scans, blood work, endo, colonoscopy recently and they found not much, other than an over-abundance of stomach acid, stomach polyps which were biopsied and found to be o.k., and a small hiatal hernia.

I was prescribed Nortriptyline for stomach pain also and this did help the pain but gave me so many other side affects that I quit taking it.

I do try and eat pretty well, no fried foods, no caffeine, no chocolate, no carbonation, alcohol rarely (an occasional glass of wine), no smoking, don't eat late at night, etc. It doesn't seem to matter what I eat, I still get pain!

If anyone can offer any suggestions or tips, I'd appreciate it so much.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin