Super Contributor

Re: Those who have had COVID vaccine one

Thank you, IG!  The photo could be my arm!  Thanks for the excellent explanation.  I wasn’t worried but thought I should make some report.  Now I know that all is normal and I can just report on my next vsafe communication.

Valued Contributor

@Twoaces @KingstonsMom  DH and I received 1st Moderna dose on Dec.31. Ten days later DH had red, swollen, itchy arm. Went to Primary who said he had cellulitis and gave him 10days antibiotics. (DH is a major hypochondriac) Freaking out that this could go to his blood stream, he goes to ER...cellulitis.... Five days later gone.

Jan. 28 we get 2 Nd Moderna dose. My arm red, swollen, itchy after 2 days. I go to my primary who tells me COVID ARM...no antibiotics, goes away on its own 5 days. She showed me USA Today article. My arm looked like that picture.

Happy we got our vaccines. Good luck to all.

Honored Contributor

I had my first shot at 11AM today. Feel just fine so far 7 hours later. I do take homeopathic medicine and took Thuja 200CK strength before and two times after the shot. It is suppose to stop any side effects. Arnica Montana 200CK strength is also good in combination with Thuja. 

Valued Contributor

Good to know! I also use homeopathy to good results. Thanks!

Regular Contributor

I've had both shots - After the first one, only a sore arm.  After the second one, a sore arm, a fever of 101.6, chills which all lasted a little more than 24 hours.

Back to normal after that but during those 24 hours, I was not a happy camper.

Trusted Contributor

We had our first Moderna vaccine dose about two weeks ago. Other than a sore arm at the injection site, I felt fine. A little tired that day, but nothing major. About a week later, the injection site started to itch like crazy. I tried a bit of skin lotion, but it itched terribly for about 5 days. After that, it was fine again. Husband had no issues, other than tiredness the first day.

We go for our second dose next Friday (Feb 19). As an aside, we were told not to get the second dose in the same arm as we got the first. I got my first dose in my left arm, so will get the second shot in my right arm. My right arm is my dominant arm.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the feedback anyone.  Good to hear I'm not the only one who had a delayed reaction.

PS, I had the Moderna vaccine.

Contributor

Come back and post the difference between the two doses for us.

Trusted Contributor

@limeade wrote:

Come back and post the difference between the two doses for us.

I will! 

Honored Contributor

@PamelaSue72 wrote:

We had our first Moderna vaccine dose about two weeks ago. Other than a sore arm at the injection site, I felt fine. A little tired that day, but nothing major. About a week later, the injection site started to itch like crazy. I tried a bit of skin lotion, but it itched terribly for about 5 days. After that, it was fine again. Husband had no issues, other than tiredness the first day.

We go for our second dose next Friday (Feb 19). As an aside, we were told not to get the second dose in the same arm as we got the first. I got my first dose in my left arm, so will get the second shot in my right arm. My right arm is my dominant arm.

@PamelaSue72    did they give a reason for using the opposite arm for the 2nd dose? I had not heard anything about this.