Trusted Contributor

Re: This is what happens when you put off elective surgery...

[ Edited ]

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@222333 wrote:

I am so sorry this happened to you so much going on it is very scarey out there. I have a question to ask and you might be able answer. A week ago I broke out with shingles on my left side near waist and around to middle back, I have been taking antviral for 6 days it is clearing, but my question to you is how does this start? My left side by my ribcage is swollen a bit hurts a little not bad but enough it has me worried. Is this how gall bladder attacks happen? I am also 65 dealing with a very sick husband, just don't want to deal with anything else by surprise I know I should be talking to my dr. just thought maybe you could enlighten me Thank you and I hope you feel better soon!

I got pain in my stomach that radiated to my right side...then I started vomiting...that's how it started for me...

Best wishes that you feel better soon..

Hi @Nataliesgramma  and @STELLA2.

The pain can be experienced differently for everyone.

I am so very happy that you went to the hospital and had the surgery. 

I know that you were feeling sick and hurting and were uncomfortable, but the worst is behind you now. Smiley Happy

Sending you comforting hugs that you will be feeling better more and more as each day passes. Heart

I had been passing gallstones before I knew enough to get to the ER in the middle of the night, years ago.

I woke my dear husband up and had him take me to one of our area hospitals at like 3 a.m. in the morning. 

I could have had emergency surgery right at that time, but I wanted to wait to organize everything with our insurance and to talk to our doctor and to pick the surgeon and so on, so I watched what I ate until the surgery,

I had pain in my chest and upper back and shoulder area when I was having gallstone pain. 

I also had gastrointestinal pain, and had "bathroom issues."

I have chronic GI issues anyway, so it was difficult for me to determine what was happening in what particular area. 

It wasn't until tests were run and it was determined that it was my gallbladder that was blocked and had stones, that it was determined that it was the cause of the pain and the problems that I was having.

I had an uncomplicated surgery, and my gallbladder was removed by laparoscopic surgery. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm so sorry for what you've had to go through...It's truly a horrible time to have any medical issues, and I hope you are recovering well.. best wishes !

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

So sorry you are in pain dealing with gallbladder surgery.

One of my friends ended up in the ER & had to have gallbladder surgery. 

I have been dealing with issues with mine for years but keep putting off surgery.

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma  I do hope you are feeling better. I had gallbladder sx in 1975, nasal tube and all. Not fun !  Be well