Esteemed Contributor

This gives me hope! Got this on Facebook!

FIRST WOMAN WITH AUTISM PASSES THE BAR AND BECOMES AN ATTORNEY IN FLORIDA

24 years old Haley Moses is the first autistic candidate to clear Florida bar exam to adore the career of an attorney.

Haley has always been a diligent learner of non-verbal skills and could solve 100-piece jigsaw puzzles at just 3 years of age. Her autism was diagnosed when her parents realized her trouble with expressing herself in words despite being brilliant at no-verbal talents. She started speaking after a year of her diagnosis and was transferred to mainstream classroom.

Haley authored her first book titled “Middle School – The Stuff Nobody Tells You About It: A Teenage Girl With ASD Shares Her First Experiences.” at the tender age of 15. This talented and high-spirited girl has also contributed writings for a book of essays, penned another book, delivered speeches and created art pieces.

Haley has been a constant advocate of people with autism and has been conquering her one flaw with her numerous talents. “I’ve always been raised to give back and help others in need and help the community. It takes a village to raise a child, and it takes an even bigger village to raise a child with a disability … I realized by sharing my story, I could be a part of someone else’s village,” says Haley.

After graduating from the University of Florida, Haley decided to pursue Law at University of Miami with the faith that she could create real life impact and difference by being a lawyer. In May 2018 she graduated with flying colors and was successful in securing a job even before passing the bar.

Haley aims at inspiring everyone in the spectrum with her success and wants to reinstate that “nothing is impossible”. She believes all her successes and achievements will mean the most if she’s able to influence the life of even one person into the path of hope and meaningfulness.

Haley is a motivational speaker and spoke on a public platform for the first time at the age of 13, starting with telling the story of her life. Haley, Florida’s first attorney with autism, practices law with a focus on international matters and healthcare.
Valued Contributor

Re: This gives me hope! Got this on Facebook!

@gloriajean, I'm just reading your posts. I have to leave in a few minutes, but please google Kalin Bennett, too. I've added all of you to my prayer list. I will hopefully be able to post to you again tomorrow. Your family is so blessed to have you in their lives. 

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean  Thanks for posting this!  I've been reading where other's who are Autistic are doing amazing things in their lives.

I'm sitting here with a smile on my face...thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gloriajean, you and your family are in for a lot of surprises. I remember your post about their birth, but I don´t remember if they are identical twins.

They will be learning from each other. I hope your family would be able to keep up with the girls. I would put video cameras in their area so that you don´t miss anything.

All the best to you and your family, They will be ok. Madam President and Vice President? ok something else then lol.

Keep looking up. Always remember, Nothing is Impossible.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, Annabelle!  And Sage04, yes they are identical twin girls. They both are going to PT and OT and will start Pre School in two weeks, they will be in different classes. Aria is more autistic than her sister. I'm sure we will be in for a lot of surprises, good ones, not bad.  They are video taped a lot by their Dad.  We are there helping take care of them 3 or 4 days a week.  My daughter has EDS, and teaches an on line class because she is so sore.

She is a Professor in our State College, but has to be part time because of disablility. Now the twins have disabilities. 

I appreciate all prayers for them. Thank you!!

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean  you should watch the film *Temple Grandin* and she how she advanced , in an age  when there was no treatment for this condition...tell your daughter to watch it to. It shows the resilience of the human spirit