Honored Contributor

Re: They Knew about the Asbestos

I think it's very unfortunate that many people do not go to the dot gov's sites. These sites offer so much information, some of it's practical and some not.  Personally, I do visit them quite often.Woman Happy @Cakers3

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think it's very unfortunate that many people do not go to the dot gov's sites. These sites offer so much information, some of it's practical and some not.  Personally, I do visit them quite often.Woman Happy @Cakers3

@SilleeMee  The problem is these sites are usually way after the fact-some are recent but others deal with issues that had to be exposed by other agencies/people.

People used talc for decades before the issue was brought to the forefront.  How many health issues are dismissed/hidden/unknown before anything is brought to light?

I agree about seeing what is out there; I research items of interest to me, especially environmental issues, but I don't make it a daily reading like reading a newspaper.

People just don't want to know; too busy reading about the Kardashians.  lmao

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs

I read some of your link(longer than my posts). What is your opinion on this topic in your thread title? I worked for close to 30 years around Poly chips that were used to melt and insulate telephone wires. Even in 1958 it said right on the boxes and 50# bags: " Could be a Cancer Causing Agent"!

Several of my co-workers and others that spent time in this Cable Plant died from different types of cancer. Some from Abdominal Cancer/Lung Cancer, and Esophageal Cancer. I knew my risks, but those that did not see the boxes or bags, did not. 

Once OSHA came into being, they would come in regularly and test the "air quality". They would take readings most of 1 day. The results were always "no danger to employees"! Butt! Checking air quality for maybe 6 hours? How does that factor in the cumulative air breathed in say a 40 hour week, or a month, or a year?

I fortunately did not contract any type of cancer during my 33 years working for the company. My lungs are only scarred by 3 bouts of pneumonia, and 1 bout with Aspiration Pneumonia. I did however discover, via an Endoscopy, that I have Barrett's Esophagus, which is a precursor to Esophageal Cancer.

I have had more than I can remember Endoscopies, maybe 20-25, and still get one every year. Does this have anything to do with my work environment from 60 years ago? I doubt there would be adequate proof to win a lawsuit.

Still not sure you have said anything other than:

"baby powder contained asbestos", if so, I am missing it. Is your thread a Public Service Announcement, or just a comment?

hckynut

hckynut(john)