Respected Contributor

Theraworx for Muscle Cramps?

Has anyone tried Theraworx for prevention of night time leg cramps? I am curious of your opinions. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Theraworx for Muscle Cramps?

[ Edited ]

I was disappointed upon finding out that you use 4 pumps of the foam each time you use it to (hopefully) prevent muscle cramps and use again to "sooth sore muscles AFTER a cramp".

Using it for a sore muscle after a cramp, it's no better than using much cheaper products like Icy Hot.

Read their website for ingredient list.

It's very pricey to use as directed and I had zero results.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have never used Theraworx. Theraworx works from the magnesium it contains.

I use Life-Flo pure magnesium oil spray. I rub 4 spray pumps on my legs before bed most nights. You can use any place you have muscle cramps. 

Magnesium causes diarrhea if you use too much so don't over do it. I use the 4 spray pumps without this issue.

You can buy an 8 oz bottle for $10-$11.

Theraworx at CVS is $22 for 7.1 oz or $19 at Walgreens. 

Honored Contributor

my husband swear by this stuff,it works FANTABULOUS FOR US. we use it for any cramp we have day or night.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Never heard of this, but I do get leg cramps on occasion.  I take a potassium tablet that always works. I try to eat bananas several times a week to prevent them.  

Theraworx' active ingredient is Magnesium Sulfate Heptahydrate carried by a topical application.  

I never had success with pain topicals, so it would have been a no for me.  Maybe, I need to try it, but I'd think of taking a magnesium tablet first.  

Respected Contributor

I started using Theraworx about six months ago and find that it works wonderful in stopping my leg cramps.  I've suffered with leg cramps for most of my life.  They started when I was a young girl.  

I was skeptical when I first saw it advertised because I didn't think anything could help me.  But I decided I had nothing to lose.  

Each evening before bed I use about three pumps of the foam on each leg.  I've only had two or maybe three episodes of very mild cramps since I started using it.  They were so mild that it barely woke me up. 

Before using Theraworx I would have cramps that would wake me up from a sound sleep.  

I think it's a wonderful product and one that I wouldn't be without.  In the past I ordered it from Amazon but recently I've seen it at my local Walmart.

Honored Contributor

On occasion I get horrible thigh muscle cramps.  The pain is unbearable for me.  I decided to try Theraworx awhile ago.  I am happy with this product and use it daily, morning and night.  If I do get a thigh muscle cramp it doesn't last as it used to and I believe the Theraworx is beneficial in that way also. For me the product works.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@conlt I checked Amazon and the ingredients....11,000+ people gave it 4 1/2 star reviews.  You might be able to find a cheaper dupe as other posters have suggested here.  Unfortunately, there isn't a cure all for every one...but I usually find if there are thousands of positive reviews on Amazon, it might be worth a try.  

@Nightowlz  I also have a magnesium spray and it is a great natural remedy!

Esteemed Contributor

@conlt wrote:

Has anyone tried Theraworx for prevention of night time leg cramps? I am curious of your opinions. 

@conlt 

Sorry to say that it didn't work at all for me.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee Not nosey, just concerned. Have you had low potassium levels? Maybe due to meds, or something else? Supplementing with potassium can be tricky. I've seen people get in trouble.

For example, I take a potassium sparing B/P med, so I have to avoid high K+ foods, or supplements. I wasn't even advised of this. I learned it by reviewing the drug literature.

Magnesium supplements are safer for muscle cramps. I don't have them often, but they always work for me.