Esteemed Contributor

Re: The scare of my life…. No , is this what I think it is???

[ Edited ]

@MariotaMurielle wrote:

@MILKI, you are a walking, talking lesson on what to do. you paid attention to your symptoms and took immediate & appropriate action.

I am 72,  also a retired RN and I'm having new onset cardiac issues. instead of putting off seeing a cardiologist (I mean, who really wants to see another doctor?), I sought out a referral and had a full workup done. now I know what I'm dealing with, instead of guessing what could be going on.

the point here is: pay attention. don't hesitate. take action.

I'm so glad you're here to tell the tale Smiley Happy

posting to update my story: after my full workup my cardiologist said he would see me back in 6 months,, unless my symptoms worsened.

my symptoms did worsen and I rescheduled my appointment from July to the first week of February. when I saw him he said there was no doubt I needed a heart cath.

I had my cath on Valentine's Day. (I wore a red sweater in honor of American Heart Month Heart). I had a 70% occlusion in my main anterior coronary artery and had a stent placement.

in general, I feel better now than I have in years.

I feel like I have been given a gift and I am very grateful.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich