Trusted Contributor

The "Smart Bomb" for cancer treatment---anyone with firsthand knowledge about it?

My brother had a kidney removed. The tumor was malignant and they found two spots on his lungs and one spot near his stomach. Rather than doing chemo and/or radiation, he takes this pill and my sister and I have figured out it must be the "smart bomb". My brother said it will have some of the same side effects as chemo and has to have his blood tested every two weeks while on it.

Is there anyone or anyone you know that has had this treatment plan? If so, would you be willing to share your experience, suggestions, and ideas of what to expect and how to manage during the treatment, I would sincerely appreciate it.

Thank you so much.

Wissmiss

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Trusted Contributor

Re: The ""Smart Bomb"" for cancer treatment---anyone with firsthand knowledge about it?

Anyone?

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Trusted Contributor

Re: The ""Smart Bomb"" for cancer treatment---anyone with firsthand knowledge about it?

Just posting to move up in case it has not been seen.

Trusted Contributor

What is this pill? Was it prescribed by a medical doctor such as an oncologist or is it an unproven, "alternative" treatment?

Regular Contributor

I would like to invite you go post this any any other questions to the "Cancer Survivors" thread, here in the "Health and Fitness" section. We all have either had cancer, are in treatment, are related to someone with cancer or part of a support system. Many of us keep up on all of the newest treatments. Several are medical professionals.

Your questions will always be addressed.

BTW, there are many other types of cancer treatment than "chemo and or radiation". I, myself, have had surgical and immunotherapy. I know of many who have treatment in pill form.

I hope to see you in the CS thread. And I applaud your support of your brother during his fight.

Regular Contributor

I did a very quick search and found this at the Kidney Cancer Association. Sorry my Kindle doesn't allow me to do links, so you'll have to cut and paste.

http://www.kidneycancer.org/knowledge/learn/therapies-for-advanced-kidney-cancer/

Please, come over to the CS thread as there is probably someone who has in-depth knowledge.