Trusted Contributor

Re: The new study out yesterday about meats

Ha! Cute! You know how it is. People get VERY defensive about their health/weight, ( or lack thereof). If someone told me that I had to walk on my hands, to avoid going thru chemo again-I would do it. Skipping bacon is nothing.

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi

Just signed in and read this thread. I think some people here don't recognize tongue-in-cheek comments, lol. 

Honored Contributor

According to an article on NorthernAg dot net, Science doesn't support this new opinion.

NorthernAg Article on Red Meat & Cancer

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

According to an article on NorthernAg dot net, Science doesn't support this new opinion.

As if they don't have a horse in this race.

Respected Contributor

Next year this study will be debunked.  I'll take my chances.  At least I will die satisfied.  I can only speak for myself.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gooday wrote:

Next year this study will be debunked.  I'll take my chances.  At least I will die satisfied.  I can only speak for myself.

I for one, do not want to be 90+ years old and sitting around the old folks home watching tv all day. I'd rather eat what I want, when I want and die a little younger. I'm an ex vegan and a cancer survivor ( and yes I got that cancer while I was vegan). The one thing that paleo and the "plant based" tribes has in common is they are very often zealots to their fad diet. I've done my time with them and moved on. Although watching the confirmation bias is slightly amusing. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Lacey1 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

lol, my thoughts exactly...

Honored Contributor

lol, sooo many excuses on this thread. Hilarious!

Trusted Contributor

That old, 'I'd rather die happy than give up fill-in-the-blank'. If you speak to people that have been struck down at a young age, from something they maybe could've prevented-they don't think of saying an early goodbye to loved ones as 'dying happy'.

However, the health care industry is a big contributor to the economy and lots of jobs would be be on the line, if people took care of themselves. So, for the good of the nation-eat your bacon and fried bologna!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lacey1 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

As if the people writing books marketed to paleo and vegan diets don't have a horse in the race? The diet industry makes a huge amount of money too. Go over to Amazon and just scroll through the general cookbook best sellers list ( not the special diet list), it's dominated by diet books espousing paleo, adkins, ketogenic, gluten free and "plant based". I've BTDT back in the 90s when I fell for the vegan hype,  at this point I'm immune to the group think. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval