Honored Contributor

Re: The new “Smart Electrical Meters” Do you have one on your home?

@SilleeMee wrote:

Yes I have a smart meter. What I like most about it is that it does not require a meter reader to enter my yard to read the meter. Plus I can track my usage on-line and get a good visual graphic shown on the utility company's website. I can go back in time and track all of my utilities this way...electric, gas, water and wastewater...for years gone by since I had the smart meter installed years ago. I even spotted an exact time on the graph when my electric transmitter went faulty and I called the utility company to fix it. 

@SilleeMee wrote:

Yes I have a smart meter. What I like most about it is that it does not require a meter reader to enter my yard to read the meter. Plus I can track my usage on-line and get a good visual graphic shown on the utility company's website. I can go back in time and track all of my utilities this way...electric, gas, water and wastewater...for years gone by since I had the smart meter installed years ago. I even spotted an exact time on the graph when my electric transmitter went faulty and I called the utility company to fix it. 

@SilleeMee  with the analog meter I have now, they do not have to come into the yard.. they just drive by the house and pick up the reading. in the truck.

Honored Contributor

@Forbidden Fruit wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

We've had one now for about 5 years and DH was not happy about it when they were first installed!

Now even more so since he's been reading about all of the hazards they pose in addition to wifi which we shut off at night.  Right now I'm plugged into ethernet. Yes it's a pain but makes him happy.  He's concerned in particular because he has a rare autoimmune illness that he feels these devices just make worse...do they?  I don't know but I'm sure they aren't healthy.  We really didn't have to option to opt out on this.   

His next big fear is 5G.  It's supposed to be much stronger than 4G but the waves don't carry as far.  Right now we all have big cell towers in select locations.  When 5G comes (it's here now in some areas of the country and will be coming to all within the next year or two) the cell towers will be much smaller (probably installed on light posts) but more numerous.  They will have one every 500 feet or so and DH feels that they could be potentially very bad for your health.  Of course the telecommunications companies are pushing this through.

We had no option for having 5G.  Within 1 week of having 5G installed, our dog began having seizures.  Took our dog to the vet of course and the vet was stumped as to why our dog would have them now. All testing came back OK. The only change we had was the 5G plus during this same time, I was waking up with severe headaches every morning. 

I started looking into the dangers of 5G and smart meters.  I made faraday cages for our modem/wi-fi box/smart meter.  You can buy these but you can also make them yourselves.    Once we put the Faraday cages up, our dog stopped having seizures.  Also we unplug our Internet connection at night. If I don't unplug it, I get massive headaches. The Faraday cages do not interrupt any of the services.  People can check it out for themselves and decide. It's my understanding, when you get 5G you basically have the cell tower in your house. Problem is, say you opt out of all this technology, your whole neighborhood/city has them. There really is no escaping.

@Forbidden Fruit   I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Makes you wonder what it does to humans!

Mostof the professionals from mainstream doctors to the telecommunications companies will say there is no connection.  Yet my DH who used to work as an engineer in research & development knows that a lot of this technology has been used by our military for weapons.

My husband put a Farady cage around our smart meter.  However it's attached to the house and doesn't disrupt the service.  Once 5G comes to our area I can only assume that it will be attached to the light post by the street in front of our house.  Since it's not officially on our property it's not like we can place a Farady cage around it.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SilleeMee  with the analog meter I have now, they do not have to come into the yard.. they just drive by the house and pick up the reading. in the truck.

Yes, that kind of analog meter was the one which got replaced with the new smart meter on my house now. Could be a different kind than yours. My old analog one still required an actual person to read it, however, and sometimes the meter readers would use a spotting scope (looked like a small hand-held telescope) to get a visual citing on my meter from a distance without having to enter my yard. But some of the other meter readers would just come into my yard to take the readings. What made me mad was when they would leave my gate open so my dog could just run off!!Woman Mad Now that doesn't happen any more, thanks to the smart meter.Woman Happy @SeaMaiden

Honored Contributor

When electricity was invented, I wonder if some people got hysterical, pointed out all the potential dangers and swore they'd never have it in their homes?  It would never occur to me to turn wifi off at night either.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wonder what Nikola Tesla would say about wi-fi and smart 'things' today if he were still alive. The man was so far ahead of his time. I think he would be like a kid in a candy store today.

Super Contributor

Oh please. I worked for an electric utility. I can GUARANTEE we were not monitoring what you were doing in your house with your electricity, nor did we care one little tiny bit. You may not realize that electric companies have to balance the grid every 30 seconds. There are people working around the clock to manage this. They don’t care what you’re doing, they just want to be able to provide enough power when it’s needed, like when everyone gets home from work at 5:00.

And radiation? Remember, you were going to die from your cell phone, too. 

Respected Contributor

GOOD FOR YOU....questioning this meter!

Go with your instincts, because they are correct. I've been studying this for years, I've seen the patents, & they absolutely are detrimental to everyone's health. There is a tremendous amount of info on Y-tube, & many show their sources, & explain in great detail. Those meters are bad enough, but add 5G & it's HORRIFIC.

Congrats on saying no....stand up for yourself & your health!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have one, and did not have a choice.

Honored Contributor

@ Montana wrote:

I have one, and did not have a choice.

@ Montana  You always had a choice. But you would need to make a stink about it.  They hope people do not.  They  want the public to think they have no choice. 

Valued Contributor

When my husband was diagnosed with Marginal Zone Lymphoma a year and a half ago his Ongologist told us to have the Smart Meter removed and have the old analog meter put back on our house. They can cause alot of health issue's. Not worth the risk. Our light company switched us back to the old one.