Respected Contributor

Three emergency hospitalizations in three weeks. Just got home today from the latest one. Last week I had a heart ablation. To correct the arrhythmia that was causing extremely low heart rate. It failed. My heart rate steadily dropped. By Tuesday it plunged to 32 beats per minute and I was having a lot of bad symptoms. Emergency admission. They pulled in a crash cart and padded me up for the defibrillator. Long story short I now have a pacemaker. This has been the most stress and anxiety I've experienced in nearly ten years. Going from thinking I'm in good health for my age, to wondering if I might suddenly die, to being grateful to be alive...I'm still trying to process all that's happened and how it affects my future. 

Harmonize the World
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: The month from h*ll

[ Edited ]

@fairydogmother So sorry you had to go through all that and here's wishing you the best of health from now on.

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother    Wow, you've had a month of traumatic experiences.  Hope they got you fixed up and you're now on the mend and on the road to better health. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: The month from h*ll

[ Edited ]

@fairydogmother  wrote, "Going from thinking I'm in good health for my age, to wondering if I might suddenly die, to being grateful to be alive...I'm still trying to process all that's happened and how it affects my future."

Boy, can I relate to that! 

So happy you have a  solution and are doing better. 

A Pacemaker is your friend.  You should be fine now!

Keep us posted.  Continued prayers!

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother  That does sound like hell. Glad tho that you got the medical help you need and wish you the very best for the future.

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry, what a traumatic time you've had.

You are brave and strong and hopefully you will be feeling better and that this is the end of your struggles.

I understand your fear! I don't know if you have someone with you but even if you do, there are times you'll be alone. I might suggest getting a life alert which might help your piece of mind a bit. 

Will say a prayer for you, take care.

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother 

I send you sincere good wishes for both emotional and physical healing from this recent health scare; you have certainly had a lot to deal with!   

All the people I know with pacemakers are active and living normal lives.  They too dealt with many problems prior to having a pacemaker implanted, but once the device was in place, they felt so much better and had more energy than before.  It's amazing what a difference that little device has made for them, and I sincerely hope you enjoy such benefits as well.  Take care!

Valued Contributor

I am so sorry about all that you have been through.

Hopefully with the pacemaker things will be better.

My mother had two aortic aneurysms and then a pacemaker had to be placed. 

She went on to live a lot of years more and we were able to enjoy time with her and my  dad. 

Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother  so sorry for what you have been going through ! Prayers for your healing and recovery. God Bless!   

Esteemed Contributor

@fairydogmother  I'm sorry to hear what you've been through! I'm glad you got the help you needed, however. I'm wishing you the very best as you recover and process all of this. I bet you are now going to do much better!