Respected Contributor

I missed wends, thurs, friday of work went home early saterday. I am still dizzy and weak. The dr should not have given you the zpack for it  is for bacterial infections.  I am just worried about being written up or fired  at my job.   I guess I will find out  lol.. This cold hit me hard. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I haven't even heard of any cases of the flu here and nobody I know has been sick with flu or colds.  Sounds like we've been lucky.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I am sorry to hear that so many of you have had the horrible stomach flu. And Melainia that you have dealt with strep for so long.

The flu that I have tho, is swine flu-or anyway thats what dr. said. I haven't had any stomach issues, for me it has been all upper respiratory, fever, aches and pains and weak. I am still having to decide what I spend my energy on, because there isn't enough to go around. I am just weak.

After reading about all of you with stomach flu, I am not crazy about going to the dr tomorrow, afraid I will get a stomach bug. I would rather suffer with this than get that. I know a bad one is going around where I live. A friends son had to miss over a week at work a couple of weeks ago.

I hope all those who are ill quickly recover.

Honored Contributor

@happycat

I strongly urge you to follow-up with your doctor if you do not feel you are improving.  My youngest daughter was one of the first hospital employees to be diagnosed with swine flu several years ago; just days before employees were vaccinated for it.   She was extremely sick, and in spite of proper treatment, was left with a degree of permanent damage to her lungs.   Asthma was diagnosed within 8 months, and she continues to have the kind of cough that gets people's attention.   

As long as you are running a fever, your body is still fighting an infection in your lungs from this flu.   You need steroids to reduce the inflammation in your lungs that are evident thru any wheezing, or shortness of breath.   This infection has the ability to do as much damage to the inside of your lungs as if you were a smoker.   Do not hesitate to call or return to your doctor for further treatment.   Hoping you feel better soon.   

Esteemed Contributor

@happycat

We live in Portland, OR.  The Pacific Northwest has been hit pretty hard by the gastro and nasty flu this season.

We're fortunate that the flu had stayed away from us, but can also say that I've had vey few flu episodes in my life.  I have a personal regmen to which I adhere during the season and it has worked well for our family.

Hope those who are miserable will soon recover.

Respected Contributor

Im on day 12 of being sick. dr gave me zpack on my insistance for i been sick too long to it just be a cold. I am finally feeling better

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

I am sorry to hear that so many of you have had the horrible stomach flu. And Melainia that you have dealt with strep for so long.

The flu that I have tho, is swine flu-or anyway thats what dr. said. I haven't had any stomach issues, for me it has been all upper respiratory, fever, aches and pains and weak. I am still having to decide what I spend my energy on, because there isn't enough to go around. I am just weak.

After reading about all of you with stomach flu, I am not crazy about going to the dr tomorrow, afraid I will get a stomach bug. I would rather suffer with this than get that. I know a bad one is going around where I live. A friends son had to miss over a week at work a couple of weeks ago.

I hope all those who are ill quickly recover.

@happycat***What state are you in please?  I', in NC.  That doesn't sound like what we're having.

Thanks