Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone else had the flu? I got sick a week ago, Monday and Tues, felt horrible. Had to lay down several times during the day, just wiped out. Went to dr. Wed., didn't test me, but said i had the flu. Gave me tamiflu, zpack and cough med. Well, I have 2 Tamiflu left, have taken all the zpack and I have more of a fever today than I have had the whole time I have been sick. Guess I will call Dr tomorrow, possibly go back.

OH, and I did get a flu shot. The dr. said it wouldn not keep me from getting the flu, but would make it last not as long and keep it from getting as bad as it could. Not sure if I believe it or not.

I am just wondering how long this has lasted with anyone else?

Respected Contributor

Check recent posts, someone posted about their flu also.  Get well soon!

Honored Contributor

I just recovered from a stomach flu that went around my office.

My stomach hurt so terribly I was doubled over in agony and had to leave work - and I NEVER get sick!

Literally 50% of people in our office got it in the last two weeks.

Honored Contributor

Here in TX, our flu was in Nov/Dec.  Like terrier, I'm never sick, but ManOhMan...it knocked me to my knees.  Stomach flu, intestinal flu, bathroom flu...don't know the official name, but definitely was a System Reset!  

Saturday 2AM:  fever, chills

Sunday Noon:  all hell broke loose, every hour on the hour (!)

Monday all day:  hell continued

Tuesday Noon:  began to eat solid food...toast

Wednesday:  Slept, dehydrated & weak, but 'things' were solidifying

Thursday:  Back to somewhat normal.

All in all, I lost 5-6 pounds & gained a new appreciation for Gut Bacteria Health!  

Without TMI, it took about 3-4 days AFTER things were somewhat back to normal before the 'color' changed back to normal.  On Wed, when things were slowly solidifying, color was pale..almost white.  It totally freaked me out...found out that was common until the good bacteria rebuilds within your intestinal tract.   I supposed if I had kids that would common knowledge, but it was new to me! 

Time is really the best medicine!

Respected Contributor

My doctor said they give 2-strain, 3-strain and 4 strain with 4 being the best at not getting the flu or having milder symptoms.

Maybe that is why you are so knocked down. Still, it's miserable no matter what.

I hope you feel better soon. 

I'm on my 3rd antibiotic because of resistant strep. 

Terrier, that stomach thing is going around here too. Ugh. One young family member had to go the ER he was so dehydrated. Then his fiance got it. It's also going through our office. I want to hide under the desk.

Glad you are a bit better.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Here in TX, our flu was in Nov/Dec.  Like terrier, I'm never sick, but ManOhMan...it knocked me to my knees.  Stomach flu, intestinal flu, bathroom flu...don't know the official name, but definitely was a System Reset!  

All in all, I lost 5-6 pounds & gained a new appreciation for Gut Bacteria Health!  

Without TMI, it took about 3-4 days AFTER things were somewhat back to normal before the 'color' changed back to normal.  On Wed, when things were slowly solidifying, color was pale..almost white.  It totally freaked me out...found out that was common until the good bacteria rebuilds within your intestinal tract.   I supposed if I had kids that would common knowledge, but it was new to me! 

Even with your diet?? Hmm...guess you are like the rest of us after all. Glad you are better.

Honored Contributor

Had Dr appt this week.  Nurse said the urgent care clinic was very busy with people who had the flu.

Honored Contributor

My doctor said the flu is really going around our town - not to hug anyone or shake hands , and that the flu shots are more effective than past years but not 100% to prevent getting it.

Honored Contributor

@Melania wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Even with your diet?? Hmm...guess you are like the rest of us after all. Glad you are better.

@Melania

I know!!  But I think I recovered quicker by eating the foods I normally eat.  Yes I was weaker, but I was back in the gym by Thursday.   Hard to eat a steak, eggs & cheese the day when solid foods are introduced....Rebound City...basically those people eat my diet when they want to heal.  The volume of food was less, but I ate the same diet I normally would eat, thus quicker recovery.

Honored Contributor

Here in southern WV, we see our highest number of cases for both influenza, and norovirus this time of year.