Honored Contributor

Re: The Wuhan virus has arrived

[ Edited ]

It's called the 2019-nCoV  coronavirus.  Following link has some important info:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

There is a very detailed and interesting post about this that was posted yesterday, in case anyone missed it.

And this case has been all over the news for a couple of days.

Here’s link to my post. https://community.qvc.com/t5/Wellness/New-Coronavirus-from-China/m-p/5987695/highlight/true#M180542

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

So who's surprised?  None of these people in these other countries get the shots the minute they're born like we do in this country.

OK, I know, before you people start saying, "Annabelle, there's not shots for this".  So what?

My point is it's amazing there are more things brought into this country.

OK, my generation (Boomers) are getting old(er) and old(er).  We are fast loosing any 

immunity we've developed over the years.

It's only because we have good Drs that more of us hasn't come down with more 'unknown' diseases.

I'm just saying........

I have something wrong with my blood that I have to get infusions (not transfusions) because I'm lacking in immunity.

You have no idea how much hand sanitizer I use the minute I get into my car these days.

No, not everyone in this country is vaccinated.  There are legions of parents (with doctors who support them) who refuse to allow their children to receive any vaccination.  There are adults who refuse vaccinations.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 many people don’t believe in shots and vaccinations. We have a whole contingent around me that don’t believe in them or get them.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ   I’ve heard that.  But here’s what I say to them...( yelling) “ Then stay away from stores, trains, everywhere.  Airplanes are like Petri dishes.  All these people stuck together breathing the same air.  

Where does it say that I must be exposed to these stupid people and their children?  

It’s mainly infants ants and elderly who will/would suffer from getting a disease where it could have been prevented.

But to use a phrase I often use, “a sign of the times where a minority group of people are able to push their agenda.”

This upsets me a lot.  Can you tell?  How would someone feel who was pregnant and got something that affected the baby?

It’s primarily the same age group of stupids....

Enough said no more comments about this from me because I can’t push my delete button enough.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ciao_bella : You said that during Chinese New Year "thousands" travel but actually, the number is many millions.  The last time we visited China (2 yrs) every major city we visited was between 11 million up to 33 million people. There are so many identical high rises (approximately 20 stories each that these almost look like forests of buildings.  It's amazing that Wuhan (11 million) has been quarantined with no one being allowed to travel by any means outside of there. Can you imagine being able to control 11,000,000 people (for starters)?

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 :  I agree that vaccinations should, in most cases, be mandatory.  Several states, (I know CA is one) mandate vaccinations for children (if they want to attend public schools).

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Don't forget to clean your car keys.

And your house keys too

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ   I’ve heard that.  But here’s what I say to them...( yelling) “ Then stay away from stores, trains, everywhere.  Airplanes are like Petri dishes.  All these people stuck together breathing the same air.  

Where does it say that I must be exposed to these stupid people and their children?  

It’s mainly infants ants and elderly who will/would suffer from getting a disease where it could have been prevented.

But to use a phrase I often use, “a sign of the times where a minority group of people are able to push their agenda.”

This upsets me a lot.  Can you tell?  How would someone feel who was pregnant and got something that affected the baby?

It’s primarily the same age group of stupids....

Enough said no more comments about this from me because I can’t push my delete button enough.

@Annabellethecat66   It’s not their agenda they are pushing, it is their religion. 

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  I understand that true too.

However, it’s also a surprising number of people who feel like it’s not a good idea...period.

There are idiots who want their children to get these diseases because it will build their immunity.  I remember, even when my girls were little people talking about bringing their children around affected children.  However, they were few and far between.