Honored Contributor

First case in the US, in Washington State.  That didn't take long.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Wuhan virus has arrived

Never heard of this only of the Cronovirus

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

With everyone jetting hither and yon, exotic diseases are potentially only 10 hours or so away.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox. It's the Coronavirus from Wuhan

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Regarding the Coronavirus and checking for infection at USA airports as recently reported.  Well,  sounds great. Only problem is it's already spread to Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Thailand. And who knows where it's already spread from there. So you're going to have to suspend all travel from everywhere------at the minimum, until a vaccine is manufactured, which they estimate will take at least a year.

You can't contain global spread of disease. It didn't work in the Middle Ages when plague came from (probably) Central Asian trade routes to Italy, and it won't work in our era of 12 hour global travel to the other side of the planet. Pandemics are always a matter of 'when, not if' and this is the perfect setup for a global pandemic. From what's being reported, Wuhan is a city of 11 million with a huge rail and air travel hub for the most densely populated nation on earth. And it's all happening during the start of the Chinese New Year, which is a time when thousands of people travel to be with family.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

I think it is related to SARS. I recall a few years ago   Canada ( Toronto I think) had a lot of trouble  with Sars

I think it pays to wash your hands frequently. I read today that you should clean your door knobs and steering wheel as well, when you return home, from a trip out  ,It make a lot of sense to me..

Honored Contributor

There is a very detailed and interesting post about this that was posted yesterday, in case anyone missed it.

And this case has been all over the news for a couple of days.

Honored Contributor

Don't forget to clean your car keys.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Don't forget to clean your car keys.

I was just going to say the same thing @goldensrbest !

Honored Contributor

So who's surprised?  None of these people in these other countries get the shots the minute they're born like we do in this country.

OK, I know, before you people start saying, "Annabelle, there's not shots for this".  So what?

My point is it's amazing there are more things brought into this country.

OK, my generation (Boomers) are getting old(er) and old(er).  We are fast loosing any 

immunity we've developed over the years.

It's only because we have good Drs that more of us hasn't come down with more 'unknown' diseases.

I'm just saying........

I have something wrong with my blood that I have to get infusions (not transfusions) because I'm lacking in immunity.

You have no idea how much hand sanitizer I use the minute I get into my car these days.