Super Contributor

Re: The Medicare Annual Wellness Physical vs Non-Covered Annual "Touch Physical" The Facts

@151949...this entire thread started out as an information only post regarding Supplemental Plan F coverage or non-coverage of both the Wellness vs "Complete touch physical"...Somehow it ended up being a "my coverage is better than your coverage" including some very unnesessary & inappropriate comments from you & others.

The bottom line is that part of the problem with Advantage plans (using other insurance companies for coverage...HMO/PPO etc) vs Supplemental plans which use Medicare is that it's just not one size fits all...Everyone has different needs & therefore different budgets etc.

That's what makes Medicare so darn confusing & frustrating.

I was hoping to get as much information out to those of us going through this maze of confusion...I hope that you'll see it for it was intended for.

I for one am done...arguing with someone on a public forum is both silly & no way to spend time...I'm sure you'll answer back because you apparently love the last word!

Have a Wonderful Mother's Day...Peace/Love/Out!

Honored Contributor

Re: The Medicare Annual Wellness Physical vs Non-Covered Annual "Touch Physical" The Facts

terms:

”annual wellness exam” 

vs

”annual physical exam”

for me, I just think like this: pay monthly (premium) and I will get more coverage (being insured against sudden drastic illness)

Having straight MEDICARE (no premiums) is a gamble.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@wenfen Posting an informational thread is good as long as the information is correct.

Honored Contributor

I have friends who have Medicare Supplements, Plan F.  Here is the reply from one of my friends when I asked her what was paid for her.   She has Plan F as her supplement. 

"I think it all depends on what coverage plan you have, and if you have supplemental insurance.  And no, we don't pay anything for our annual exams with our doctor, which includes chest x-ray, Ekg, blood work, urine tests, and vaccines other than Shingdrex. "

I personally have an Advantage plan, and as I said earlier, can tell no difference in my annual exams now and prior to this.  I have blood work done, urinalysis, and a breast exam at no charge.  All of this is with my doctor..  I don't have a chest x-ray or EKG but didn't have that on regular insurance either.  I wouldn't particularly want those every year.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau