Honored Contributor

The Last Week of the NFL Regular Season!!! Countdown to the Super Bowl!!!

Let's forget all of the cheating hullabaloo and focus in on the game here. For a pleasant change we have two pretty evenly matched teams facing one another in the Super Bowl. Even Las Vegas is having a hard time figuring out who to favor.

I think Seattle will have a slight edge in the game if the health of their two defensive backs who got injured last week isn't a factor in the game. That Seattle defense is formidable and is built to stop Brady from doing what he's best at (timing and rhythm passing.) They'll attack the Patriot receivers (not always totally legally) at/near the line of scrimmage (and often farther down the field) and disrupt the timing. If they can disrupt the timing then Brady has to hold the ball and that gives the Seahawk's rushers a chance to get to him. I'm not sure the Patriots have a good answer for that Seahawk defense.

On Seattles' offense, if Marshawn Lynch is turned loose, he's a beast. He's one of those runners who likes to punish defenders. I suspect the Patriots won't be overly afraid of Russell Wilson beating them throwing the ball. He's typically not an accurate timing and rhythm quarterback. His strength lies in extending plays with his feet, giving his receivers time to improvise and break wide open. I'm guessing the Patriots will try to cheat safeties up to help stop Marshawn Lynch and take their chances on Wilson beating them deep. If they do that, then they may have their safeties playing some sort of a modified zone reading Russell Wilson to try and get an interception. Wilson will have to be very careful with the ball in this game as Belichick will have something new ready to throw at him.

How the officials call this game early will be pretty interesting to watch. The Seahawks defenders will mug receivers given a chance and if they get called for it early (and often) that could take them out of their game and give the Patriots a better chance. If the officials keep the flags in their pockets, then the Seahawks could leave Tom Brady with no one to throw the ball to.

My early pick right now is that the Seahawks will repeat as Super Bowl champs. Their defense should carry the day and given the distractions the Patriots are dealing with, I suspect they'll be a bit off their game. Now an injury or the officials could completely change the scenario, but at this moment my money would be on the Seahawks.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Re: The Last Week of the NFL Regular Season!!! Countdown to the Super Bowl!!!

Our Hawks are enroute to plane right now! We didn't want to fight the crowd to cheer them on, so home! I certainly hope the alleged cheating of Pat's is resolved soon and no more chatter! Our city is excited, it's a lot of fun, as was last year! It is only a game, but hoping we win! Smiley Wink
Honored Contributor

Beast Mode will be ready on offense can the Patriot's defense slow him down....Russell Wilson will be ready to roll out when needed......and then there is the LEGION OF BOOM....who have the potential to give the Pat's offense lots of problems and will be pressuring Brady and the running game.....The Pat's have a good CB in Revis to challenge the Seahawk WRs...and can KJ Wright handle Gronk......And there is the distractions which are sure to get in the Patriot players's heads.......

I am going with the SEAWHAWKS to repeat!!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know who to choose. Despite all the bad publicity, I think the Patriots could prevail. This is their chance to win yet another Super bowl, and the team will be prepared. Seattle has one of the best defenses in the NFL, but somehow New England will find a way around that. I'm not so eager to pick Seattle right away, but not sure how New England will respond to them. Right now it's a toss up for me. Maybe I'll have a better idea in a week.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

i am hoping that the SEAHAWKS take it all!!!!

prior to all of this "stuff" happening the past week or so, i would normally say i want a good, well-played, close game that is exciting to watch (because i am for or against either team). NOW, i am hoping for a SEAHAWKS blowout. do the NFL proud SEATTLE!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Everyone in my neighborhood is looking forward to the game. Many have 12th man flags flying. A few of my friends are going to Arizona with tickets.

Go Hawks!!!

Respected Contributor

In Seattle we call it "Blue Friday" however, this week is special, it's BLUE WEEK!!! We all wear blue to show our support.

Defense will be ready, I have a good feeling about this game as I did the last one, I kept saying "They somehow always pull through in the last quarter" - It's never over until it's over, never give up!!

SEA..........HAWKS............SEA...........HAWKS............SEA.............HAWKS!!!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Valued Contributor

""I'm In"" Sandgirl!
Respected Contributor

On 1/27/2015 Seattlegirl98026 said: ""I'm In"" Sandgirl!

Skittles anyone? Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

As a matter of fact, I picked up a big bag at Costco last Friday! Smiley Happy