Regular Contributor

Anyone tried this? I started Monday, so far so good...only on day 4 but no weight loss yet. I only have 20 to lose.. would be happy with 10 so I'm wondering if it will be harder.

Says you can lose Up to 20 pounds in 28 days... No Diary, No Caffeine, No Alcohol... UGHHHHHHH. LOL

Trusted Contributor

Re: The Fast Metabolism Diet

How old are you? I am trying to lose a few pounds & am finding it hard, I think my age has a lot to do with it....very hormonal UGH

I will google the diet, what do you eat?

Esteemed Contributor

I am on day 4 of low-carb....

Contributor

I did this diet starting June 2013. I was 53 at the time and have done a lot of diets with great success. I noticed that the last time I did Nutrisystim I hardly lost anything. The fast metabolism diet is very restrictive and I really missed my coffee but, you really need to follow it precisely. I had about 20 pounds to lose. When it states that by the time you lose 10 pounds it will look more like 20 it is exactly right. My body changed drastically in a good way and I did it for 2 months. I stayed on it --not so much as a diet but it does teach you a new way of eating. I had neighbors coming up to me constantly when I walked through the neighborhood wondering what I had done. It was incredible. It doesn't require tons of exercise, but it has certain types to do on the 3 phases. By the 3rd week I could see a difference everyday. I have realized that I need to continue this plan . I went on vacation this past summer and my husband wanted me to eat like everyone else. While I enjoyed it a great deal , it was hard to go back to it. I am now back on one of the new burns by this author to lose a few pounds I gained over the holidays. I really believe in this plan, it does what it says, but it takes discipline. Phase #2 is the hardest, but stick with it, it is worth it.