Valued Contributor

The Fast Metabolism Diet by Haylie Pomroy?

Has anyone tried this diet?  Wondering if anyone has had success with it?  Would love to hear your thoughts and opinions if you have tried it! Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Re: The Fast Metabolism Diet by Haylie Pomroy?

never heard of it ~ what is its basis ? as in what foods is it saying speed up the metabolism

Esteemed Contributor

My husband and I did it last year, he lost over 20 pounds, and I lost 10. 

It does work, and on Facebook you can join in on a group discussion on it. I will stay at my size 8, and have for over a year now.  I was a 10, and some pants were 12's, so it does work.  Read the book, and get the cook book, I did.  

Esteemed Contributor

Why not try eating healthy foods in smaller portions and exercising more?  Should work.

Valued Contributor

gloriajean...Thank your for sharing the success both you and your husband have had on this plan!  Congratulations on the weight loss! !  My brother and sister-in-law mentioned the program, and I was curious.  Just got the book yesterday.  Thanks again for your helpful reply!

Honored Contributor

@barb40

Of all the diet programs out there, what was your attraction to this one?

Frequent Contributor

Hi, I have tried it - also her 10-day Cleanse (bought the Cleanse shakes).  I didn't particularly love the shakes but they were bearable.  I am NOT a cook, in fact hate cooking, so it didn't work for me.  You have to cook certain meals, using certain ingredients - I tried to do it in an easy (for me) way and ended up with plain chicken breasts and vegetables for practically every meal - therefore, it was SO boring and I couldn't keep going.

If you like cooking and following Haylie's recipes, it will work just fine.