Honored Contributor

The Conference Championship Games

A big day of football today! We start off with the Bears and the Packers. This will be an interesting game to watch. I think the Packers are the more talented team, but that field in Chicago is a nightmare for visiting teams. The Packers have recent experience there however having played on it just a few weeks ago. Pretty much every visiting team spends the first half of the game slipping and sliding all over the place until they sort out the right shoes/cleats for the field. The Packers are the faster team, but the bad field takes away the speed advantage. You can't make the sharp cuts and the sudden bursts on bad turf and that plays to the Bears advantage. To me it all comes down to the quarterbacks and I trust Aaron Rodgers more in the big game than Jay Cutler, so I'm going with the Packers. Don't expect a lot of scoring in this game.

The second game is the Jets/Steelers. I'd love to see the Jets win just to be able to hear Rex Ryan for the next two weeks, but I'm not sure they're going to pull this game out. I think beating Peyton Manning and Tom Brady back to back may have been the Super Bowl for the Jets and they may come into this game with their edge gone. You really need every emotional edge you can get in a game like this and I just have a feeling the Jets aren't going to be as fired up as the Steelers are. I think the Steelers will win. This could be pretty one sided if the momentum goes the Steelers way early.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!