Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for prayers for my husband

Here's an update:  He finally got his appointment with his physical therapist, who put him on a stretch table, and since then he is better, much better. She wants him to come twice a week all through Oct. and that should fix the problem with his sciatic nerve.  He's on tramadol for pain, but the pain has lessened - thanks be to God!  His pain was so unbearable!  He also had an appointment with the Neuro surgeon who explained how the surgery would go, but to continue with PT and surgery only if that fails.  Thank you for caring and saying a prayer.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Thanks for prayers for my husband

Sounds as if he is getting relief,,,many wishes for continued and successful physical therapy.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gloriajean, such good news.  I hope the therapy works for him and that he does not need surgery.  DH was out of work for two months with sciatic nerve severe pain, took no meds, but worked with our chiropractor, who also ordered massage therapy.  Worked very well and he has had no problem since.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

@gloriajean, so happy to hear your DH has some relief.  Hopefully his progress will continue.  All the best!  LM

Contributor

hello gloriajean...do you remember me?  (go2girl)  I have not been on these posts for several years.  I have often thought of you and your dear family and offered up prayers that you and those you love are doing well.  I especially think of the precious twins and have wondered how they are doing and can just imagion how much they have grown.

I had this same condition as your husband and did the spinal surgery and it stopped the pain and discomfort as soon as the surgery was over and has never come back.  Tell your dear husband I am thinking of him and holding him up in prayer.

Regular Contributor

Just something to keep in mind.. Has he seen a chiropractor?  If not I would certainly try that prior to any surgery.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for your responses, and go2girl - of course I remember you and thanks for your post.  

ginirn - we have a really good chiropractor and we see him as often as necessary. He has gone to him for this too.  He told him all about how the surgery will be before he even went to the surgeon, after he saw his MRI.

Very knowledable and we love him.