Trusted Contributor

Re: Tempur-Pedic pillow - oh my goodness KILLED my neck

I probably have to break down and get some new down pillows. I've been trying to avoid it. I need a pillow that you can smush under your neck and it stays there. Lots of pillows seem like they'll work in the store but they don't stay put. I did find one down substitute from At Home that is working pretty well for now. Super cheap so it was worth a try and so far so good, but I'm not sure it will hold up for long.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Is there anything more subjective and aggravating than a pillow? I bought two $50 pillows which were less than restful. Then, on a whim, I bought a cheap pillow at Aldi's and love it!

Esteemed Contributor

I replaced all of my pillows with MyPillows. I wash them every few months and they are like new. I sleep with a medium and a firm so I can change them around. 

No more foam crumbling, neck pain, loose feathers or allergies! I sleep with the My Pillow travel pillows also.

My dogs have expensive foam dog beds. I bought 2 My Pillow dog beds and they prefer them.

Esteemed Contributor

Changing pillows is a big pain. Didn't use to be, is it because we are getting older, or do they make them different?

Changing mattresses isn't much better.

Hope you find a pillow you like.

Valued Contributor

@CherryHugs  

I have neck issues that make me miserable.   Years ago, I happened upon microbead pillows piled in a bin at a local store.  There were various shapes and sizes.  I chose a smaller one in the shape of a star-- turned out to be a Dallas Cowboy promo, of all things.  I could not believe how much it helped me to relax all the tight neck muscles.

They are comfy.  They fill in the neck curve.  It's like a lumbar pillow for your neck.  Avoid the log and the U-shaped. Those felt uncomfortable.  

Beware: they are not decorative, by any means. I have a butterfinger one, a heart and a few more.  Some go by Iscream or just Squishy.  

When the squishy pillows are overly filled, they aren't as comfortable.  They need to be broken in.  I have had two that were perfect from the start.  All the rest took a bit of time to acquire a .level of comfort.

Worth a try.  

Trusted Contributor

@Elri  thank you!