Trusted Contributor

Tempur-Pedic pillow - oh my goodness KILLED my neck

I bought a Tempur-Pedic hybrid bed and had it delivered yesterday. I also purchased the matching Pro-Lo pillows to go with it.

I like the bed, but had to switch pillows after an hour. I still have stiffness in my upper back.

Hopefully I won't have a problem getting my money refunded at the mattress store. It was expensive!!!

Sigh, time to research pillows. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tempur-Pedic pillow - oh my goodness KILLED my neck

@PilatesLover  I have a Casper pillow and will now use nothing else.  I have neck issues and this is the best by far.  I also have Costco pillows, which I like, but they do not last as long.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

When did buying pillows become such a problem.I used to go to the store and purchase based on what I could afford which was usually low priced....never a problem.Now I can purchase the most expensive and it still is uncomfortable.I rarely find a pillow to love and my son says the same thing.They build technology into the designs and now the pillows seem to be more uncomfortable.

Honored Contributor

I have neck pain and i have not found the right pillow yet. I have ordered some and sent them back, bought some from different stores and had to return. The search goes on for a pillow that wont hurt my neck!  Man Frustrated

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

I have stuck by my goose down pillows for over 40 years now.  Not the same one, LOL, although we used to have them re-ticked at the dry cleaners years ago.

Today, you have to be careful that they are truly mostly down and not feathers.  You do need to find the right fill.  I like a softer pillow that I can "mold" however I need it.  My last one I got at Eddie Bauer and it is very nice.

They are expensive, but so are other ones.  I got mine on half price sale, so it wasn't too bad.  And they last for many years.  

I have tried other types of pillows and got neck issues from them, so I have stuck with the natural goose down ones.

Trusted Contributor

Another vote for goose down pillows. I can't use anything else. I have two fearher pillows that I use for support when sitting up in bed, but sleep only on down.

Super Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

I bought a Tempur-Pedic hybrid bed and had it delivered yesterday. I also purchased the matching Pro-Lo pillows to go with it.

I like the bed, but had to switch pillows after an hour. I still have stiffness in my upper back.

Hopefully I won't have a problem getting my money refunded at the mattress store. It was expensive!!!

Sigh, time to research pillows. Smiley Sad

I so feel your pain...literally. The pillow search is endless so it seems.  

Trusted Contributor

Looks like I have company. Smiley Sad  I remember when you just went to a store, and bought a pillow, and that's it. I think they've gone so crazy making newer and better pillows that you just can't find a decent basic comfortable one .

I'll try the goosedown, good suggestion. Casper sounds interesting too.

Honored Contributor

We've had trouble finding good pillows too. I ordered some pricey ones from a third party on Amazon that said no returns. However they let me go ahead and return them. I still had to pay shipping but at least I got some of my money back.

Respected Contributor

I am a fan of foam pillows. The ones at Dollar General are under $10--and they're perfect for me!