Esteemed Contributor

I think Crest Whitestrips do a great job of whitening. 

I considered Zoom & other types of whitening but on many people it looks unnatural, like a bad faux tanner.

Buy a box & give it a try. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I've been using Intelliwhite from HSN and it works on caps, which is why I purchased it. I

am pleased.

Honored Contributor

According to my dentist - as we age the material that is inside the tooth is yellow and as our enamel gets thinner with age that material becomes visible and that is why our teeth look yellow. The only way for an older person to  whiten their teeth is to use a veener over the teeth so the yellow is no longer visible.

I have a wide space between my front teeth so I've had veeners on there for about 40 years and I can tell you - they are not without their problems, and I would never have all my teeth veenered.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

According to my dentist - as we age the material that is inside the tooth is yellow and as our enamel gets thinner with age that material becomes visible and that is why our teeth look yellow. The only way for an older person to  whiten their teeth is to use a veener over the teeth so the yellow is no longer visible.

I have a wide space between my front teeth so I've had veeners on there for about 40 years and I can tell you - they are not without their problems, and I would never have all my teeth veenered.

Have you had the same veneers for 40 years?  Maybe there have been improvements through the years.  The reason I ask is that I have considered this option because my enamel has thinned considerably.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Have you had the same veneers for 40 years?  Maybe there have been improvements through the years.  The reason I ask is that I have considered this option because my enamel has thinned considerably.

No one of the originals came off and they had to be replaced. I caught an edge that had become rough on floss and it broke. Anyway, they are new about 6 years ago.Anyway, mine tend to stain right at the edge and I have to either go to the dentist and get it polished or try to bleach it with peroxide. Pain in the neck. Nothing like a big brown or red stain right on your front tooth.

Regular Contributor

try coconut oil pulling, works wonders, and makes teeth white

Honored Contributor

I'd first ask my dentist and also hygenist what has worked and what hasn't.  Dentists hear all of the complaints, etc. from their patients.  They also notice their patient's excellent results, too.   I'm not a fan of white-white teeth.  Too distracting, imo.  Unless they are natural white-white.  I like maybe a 'white pearl' (or something off-white similar) look. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).