Trusted Contributor

Teeth Whitening : Best at home products

Not sure if this should be here or beauty: Mods, please relocate if needed.

Can be strips, the things you put in your mouth and light up, toothpaste or a combo of items. Just looking for a good at home system.

Not interested in doing anything at the dentist at this time. TIA!

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

Re: Teeth Whitening : Best at home products

My dental tech said not to bother with whitening toothpastes, but she said that Crest White Strips are effective (to a degree).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been on Auto-Ship for the IntelliWhite Platinum Pens almost since they came out. I use it with a custom tray, not with that thing they give you, and my teeth are very white. My dentists have all said I have very white teeth. I've tried many things and this one seems to be the best one for me.

ETA - If you have thin enamel there really isn't much that can be done to whiten your teeth b/c it's the enamel part of the tooth that gives it the white color. When you don't have enough enamel then your teeth look dull. Older people usually have less enamel and duller teeth, too. That's normal.

Intelliwhite Platinum Pen Double - Peppermint

Honored Contributor

Nothing really worked for me. I just have stained teeth🙁

Honored Contributor

Can someone recommend something that doesn't hurt?  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  You recommended pumice powder the other day ,for exfoliating on body,i read you can use on teeth also.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I use either Crest 3D White Toothpaste or Colgate Optic White Toothpaste, and my teeth remain white. I had some bonding done at the dentist recently, and they have to match the bonding to your tooth shade, and mine was the second whitest shade offered. 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SilleeMee  You recommended pumice powder the other day ,for exfoliating on body,i read you can use on teeth also.

@goldensrbest 

Yes, pumice powder is used as an abrasive stain remover on teeth. But that should not be done on a regular basis b/c it will wear away tooth enamel.  Pumice is added in very small amounts to many whitening toothpastes. It's also called silica.

Honored Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee @AuntG   I have used the Crest strips off and on for years.  I am fortunate to have excellent teeth to the extent that at least 20 years ago my dentist said the only thing he might suggest for my teeth that he hadn't already discussed was that I might want to whiten them.  He offered trays and the gel which at the time would have run about $500.

I bought a box of the Crest and next time I saw the dentist, he asked what I had done.  Told him Whitestrips and he told me to just use them because for my teeth they had worked quite well.  As I head into my 80's I still use them occasionally -- and I have yet to have spent $500 on whitening.

I don't know if they work on implnts or caps, but they certainly do on my teeth.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks Everyone!

This is not for me (my teeth are naturally yellow and NOTHING will whiten them as per the dentists and the trays I've used. Not doing veneers so, yeah stuck with them) but for 2 of my sons (college and Junior HS) as their teeth have staining due to their braces. Our dentist wanted to so ZOOM but I tried that and no go. Would rather they try at home kits first and see what happens.

Off to look at what was suggested. Thank you again!!

"Coming to ya from Florida"