Esteemed Contributor

Re: Teeth Brushing - Regular brush or battery??

@CelticCrafter.....! GREAT POST!

Firstly, she should have been that 'gal' that made a commission on the dental brushes.....Woman Surprised!

Second, my teeth and gums are getting an A+ from my dentist.

There is no amount of money that i wii not let loose when it comes to my dental health. 

Third, I stopped `8 years ago using the manual` brushy brush for a thoroughly cleansing, also does a terrific massaging, as a gum treatment.

I have had one small cavity; that was when I was 7 years old 

>>>BUBBLE GUM, most probably the candy we were allowed to have.     "We were trained from age 8 to have a dental cleaning, check up three times a years, then my flossing ( very important)!

*****!! Never will go back to 'A' manual after Phillips' or Oral B.

Wondering about her (?) husband and children...mmh, their teeth/gum health?

Money appears to be an issue here, mostly...

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1

Though I've not read any of the responses, I have coincidentally been given the opportunity to compare.

About 2 months ago, my Sonic died.  It's the 3rd one I've had since 2001.  In 2001, I had major, major dental work done and the dentist who performed it said she would only do it, if I agreed to use a Sonic or like toothbrush.  I got the lecture as to why, etc.  Purchased my first Sonic at that time and have been using Sonic since then.

When my current Sonic bit the dust 2 months ago, I decided to go "manual" for a few months to see if I could determine if a difference existed.  Well, a difference does exist to me. 

I brush after breakfast and before bed.  Was advised to do a warm water swish after lunch vice brush, as the enamel on my teeth is thin.  Anyway, what I've discovered in manually brushing is that muck starts to build up on my teeth some time in the afternoon and it's noticeable to me.  Yuck!  This tells me that by using the Sonic in the a.m. much more of the muck is being removed, so further build-up in the p.m. is more minimal.  As good as I seem to be manually brushing in the a.m., I'm simply not brushing off as much muck as the Sonic did.

So...I just received a coupon for $10 off a new Sonic and will make that purchase this weekend.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for all of the great responses!  I am going to be sure to ask my dentist when I go in a few weeks what his thoughts are with regard to my needs.  I always seem to have a lot of plaque and perhaps this would help.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I tried a sonic toothebrush from the Q and it brushed 600 dollars worth of gum line fillings off my teeth. My dentist said a sonic brush is not for someone like me, I guess I should have asked him first.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

How about both? I get a free toothbrush from my dentist so I use it at night and my Oral B in the morning.

This is what I do.

I have a Sonicare, but it is the basic model, so I can't adjust the pressure/speed.  I will eventually go up to a higher end model with more speed variability.

I also just got (like an hour ago) the Waterpik professional aqua flosser.

My hygienist thinks this will be a better option for me because of the way my teeth are angled.  (It's cheaper than braces!).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NAES1 wrote:

@CelticCrafter.....! GREAT POST!

Firstly, she should have been that 'gal' that made a commission on the dental brushes.....Woman Surprised!

Second, my teeth and gums are getting an A+ from my dentist.

There is no amount of money that i wii not let loose when it comes to my dental health. 

Third, I stopped `8 years ago using the manual` brushy brush for a thoroughly cleansing, also does a terrific massaging, as a gum treatment.

I have had one small cavity; that was when I was 7 years old 

>>>BUBBLE GUM, most probably the candy we were allowed to have.     "We were trained from age 8 to have a dental cleaning, check up three times a years, then my flossing ( very important)!

*****!! Never will go back to 'A' manual after Phillips' or Oral B.

Wondering about her (?) husband and children...mmh, their teeth/gum health?

Money appears to be an issue here, mostly...

I see you're still upset because I have your phone number on my "reject" list. Beware: Never give out your phone number to another person on the boards unless you have met them personally. I learned my lesson...have received much harassment.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Esteemed Contributor

We have been using an Oral B for the last 20 years.It does a great job!! Our twice a year dental cleanings are much easier.No more plaque build up!! It also makes our mouths feel clean & fresh!! I highly recommend it!!

Trusted Contributor

@AngelPuppy1

About 2 years ago I invested in a Sonicare toothbrush.  At first, all that vibration was a bit tough to get used to.  But after the first brushing, I was absolutely amazed on how it left my teeth feel.  I felt like I came out of a dentist's office - right after a tooth cleaning.  Now, I can't even imagine going back to a battery operated one or a manual toothbrush!