Trusted Contributor

Re: Teeter inversion table man on QVC now

My husband bought me a less expensive model on recommendation from my chiropractor, and I love it. 

I don't tilt back farther than 45 degrees. Not only does it relieve my spine, but I love the feeling of the blood flowing back down as I gradually return. It's refreshing. Inversion poses are an important part of yoga because of the health benefits of being upside down. That's a whole 'nuther topic. But I cannot stand on my head or do handstands, so the inversion table helps me get those yogic benefits.

Respected Contributor

Plates Lover, please can you share the name of the table you purchased? 

After reading all these great responses, I am more tempted to get one!  I need to try something, constant soreness and tightness- 

Thanks Hckynt, for adding your thoughts- 

If anyone who has scar tissue/ adhesions uses one, I d love to hear feedback! Much appreciated! 🌸

Trusted Contributor

@Skyegirl21  it is the Yoleo Gravity Heavy Duty Inversion Table.  I think he got it from one of his sporting catalogues, but it's also on Amazon. There are quite a few non-Teeter brands out there, but this is the one I have:

Image result for yoleo gravity heavy duty inversion table

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Skyegirl21 

You're welcome. I had scar tissue after my January 2018 Hernia surgery. That was my 2nd Hernia surgery and with the 1st one I did not have my Teeter table. With the help of this, I was able to be given the 100% return to my regular  vigorous exercises. My surgeon said it might help expedite pain from scar tissue and/or adhesions. I feel it did help my return to 100% healing.

He told me 4-6 weeks before I should ice skate. After 2 weeks post surgery he gave me the ok. Just no high speed hard pumping of my legs for fast skating, and abolutely no hockey stops!

A fact for everyone? I don't know, but I believe it sure helped me. At 90° Inversion I could feel the difference each day post surgery and it eventually was gone. Love my Teeter Table and it is the only name I personally would buy, and/or recommend to others.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sincerely appreciate the information from you all!!  I’m very active and fit (in spite of chronic back pain), and have been all my life. I ruptured a lumbar disc, which was a sciatica nightmare, but that healed. The scar tissue was from a fall down the stairs landing on the QL, then 2 subsequent bad, muscle tears, in same area, where I could barely situp, stand or walk without pain, for months.  Thinking over the inversion table...

Trusted Contributor

@Skyegirl21 look around and see if there is one you can try before you buy. A friend may have one in the attic, and a sporting goods store near you might have one out that you can try.

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 

Been the sciatica route myself. Spent almost a month in the hospital back in 1974. Surgery removed my L-5/S-1 back then and got a 7" scar to show it. Was back running in 6 weeks and back playing hockey in 6 months. I was in the hospital for my 35th birthday. Worst part I missed Elvis in Concert.

Wasn't an easy road back in those days. No MRI's, just a Myleogram/traction/Valium and Demerol shots every 6 hours, when they barely lasted 4. Surgery was my only option because the disc fluid was out of the ruptures. Kinda like a balloon, once the air is out, ain't no putting it back in.

Think it was around the late '90's or early 2000's when I had my ruptured L-3 removed. Still as flexible as I was back before surgeries, but I never quit stretching every day and work my abs hard pretty much the same schedule. The Teeter adds another dimension to my routine and it sure enhances my flexibility and strength.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

@Skyegirl21, After a lot of research, I bought the Innova Heavy Duty Inversion Table from Walmart’s website, $119.00 & free shipping. It’s a great item! 

One of the best things I learned from watching Roger was that the best time to use the table is right before you go to bed.

God luck!

Honored Contributor

@cantdrive55 

For me there is no best time. I use it any time I go down in my basement gym. Hang full Inversion for maybe 10 minutes and then spend another 10 doing inverted sit-ups. Half for upper abs the other for lower abs. If there is a harder way to work the abs and great results, in my 60 odd years of exercising, I ain't found it.

Glad you like your table.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@hckynut 

I think you might have missed a good concert. You sure have been through more than your share.  I babysat for a couple while they went to that concert in Omaha with another couple. When they got home the husband was mad at his wife because she and her friend were screaming throughout the concert. It was kind of funny.