Honored Contributor

Re: Tart Cherry Juice question re: arthritis

[ Edited ]

We heard about the benefits of tart cherry juice several years ago. My dh takes it regiliously and swears by it with his aches and pains. I live in upper MI, the heart of the cherry capital (Woman Happy), so we can find our juice locally from the orchards.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Pook wrote:

Black Cherry juice (preferably organic with no aditives) works well for arthritis and gout.  I get the concentrate.  You probably won't find it at most grocery stores unless they have an organic section.  I'm pretty sure Amazon has it.

@Pook        And how much do you drink every day?   How long before you felt any effects from this?

At first drink 2(or more) 5 oz glasses daily if using concentrate (2 tlbs in 5 oz of water) to get the inflamation reduced, then one glass daily should be enough for maintenance.  As with most natural remedies, this is not an overnight quick fix especially if their is a lot of inflamation but it probably will benefit you in the long run.  It does work faster to clear up gout.

Respected Contributor

A friend got me started on tart cherry.  I tried it for awhile, but didn't work for me.  We're all different, so maybe you will have better luck.  Suppose to help as a sleep aid too, but I'll stick to wine for that. 

Honored Contributor

You can also try taking a Tart Cherry supplement, I do think Puritans Pride has a capsule that is both Tumeric and Tart Cherry combined.

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

I've just recently started taking Turmeric for my arthritis pain.  I've been reading about dark cherry juice, too.  I have found the straight juice and also the concentrate.  Is one kind better than the other for arthritis?  Can you buy this at the grocery store?

While turmeric & cherry juice are nice nutritional therapies, they don't have the impact of a plant-based diet.   If arthritic while eating animal, eggs, dairy & oil products, a teaspoon or turmeric and/or cherry juice is like using a spray water bottle for a house fire.  

To make big changes, one has to make big changes.

Low fat, whole foods, plant based diet will immensely help your arthritis. 

http://nutritionfacts.org/topics/rheumatoid-arthritis/

Respected Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

Trader Joe's has tart cherry juice in glass bottles for about $5. I buy it and drink a little of it each day (although I either cut it with water or mix with another juice like cranberry).

I also take a combo capsule of tart cherry & turmeric, purchased from Puritans Pride. I have a little arthritis in my neck and since I've been drinking and taking these things my neck no longer bothers me. I've been taking these supplementals for about a year.

@sandraskates - I also like Zyflamend by New Chapter - has tumeric in it also - all natural and great for arthritic pain. 

Super Contributor

2 Tablespoons in sparking water twice a day for arthritis, gout, etc. People swear by it. Funny this post is here as I just ran out to get some this morning as I can feel a bit of gout coming on. I hope it wards it off!

cherry juice.png

Honored Contributor

I bought some tart cherry juice the other day.  I also bought grape juice to mix with it.  Do I first mix the cherry juice concentrate with water and then mix that with the grape juice?  Or do I mix the cherry juice concentrate straight with the grape juice?  This is probably a stupid question, but I'm just not sure which would be correct.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I bought some tart cherry juice and like it in plain or flavored sparking water.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

I've just recently started taking Turmeric for my arthritis pain.  I've been reading about dark cherry juice, too.  I have found the straight juice and also the concentrate.  Is one kind better than the other for arthritis?  Can you buy this at the grocery store?

While turmeric & cherry juice are nice nutritional therapies, they don't have the impact of a plant-based diet.   If arthritic while eating animal, eggs, dairy & oil products, a teaspoon or turmeric and/or cherry juice is like using a spray water bottle for a house fire.  

To make big changes, one has to make big changes.

Low fat, whole foods, plant based diet will immensely help your arthritis. 

http://nutritionfacts.org/topics/rheumatoid-arthritis/

Oh good grief, not again.