Honored Contributor

I have recently read that Tart Cherry Extract is good for many things including arthritis and gout.

Anyone out there use it with success 

Thanks 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: Tart Cherry Extract

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

I have recently read that Tart Cherry Extract is good for many things including arthritis and gout.

Thanks 

@I am still oxox @I was drinking tart cherry juice for a long time and didn't see any relief for my back from it. It's supposed to help with sports recovery when muscles are sore after working out. I have read that is helpful for gout. It's supposedly anti inflammatory. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

The pills are a lot more potent than the juice

@Mindy D wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Thanks 

@I am still oxox @I was drinking tart cherry juice for a long time and didn't see any relief for my back from it. It's supposed to help with sports recovery when muscles are sore after working out. I have read that is helpful for gout. It's supposedly anti inflammatory. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: Tart Cherry Extract

[ Edited ]

I mix my collagen powder with tart cherry juice. Not sure if it is doing wonderful things for me. But I had breast cancer and had a number of lymph nodes removed. And after that I used to get awful leg cramps while I was sleeping. It would wake me up and I would have to jump out of bed they hurt so much.

Have not had any nasty leg cramps since drinking the tart cherry juice regularly. Not sure if it is a direct result of the tart cherry juice but I will continue to drink it. 

Super Contributor

@drizzellla Thank you for this - I have nasty foot cramps at night (also due to my neuropathy from chemo).  I'm going to try it and see if it helps.

Honored Contributor

@new nickname 4 wrote:

@drizzellla Thank you for this - I have nasty foot cramps at night (also due to my neuropathy from chemo).  I'm going to try it and see if it helps.

Also, was told pickle juice helps. So I keep a bottle of pickle juice in the refrigerator. I can't tell you how many times I would be slugging down the pickle juice at 5 AM. But haven't had to touch it in awhile.

Honored Contributor

A change in what you eat can have a significant affect on uric acid levels in your body. High levels of uric acid is the root cause of gout and gout-related inflammation (arthritis).

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

A change in what you eat can have a significant affect on uric acid levels in your body. High levels of uric acid is the root cause of gout and gout-related inflammation (arthritis).

You're right, as high uric acid levels can also cause uric acid kidney stones, too. There are foods that you can try to avoid to help with that, too.

@I am still oxox ,

I take tart cherry capsules to help with inflammation. They also contain natural melatonin, so if you want to give tart cherry a try I would keep this in mind.

I started out by taking them at night, as they have a relaxing effet on me due to the melatonin in them.

Frequent Contributor

Old school remedy for cramps, packet of yellow mustard.  Just the size you get at fast food restaurants, easy to keep beside bed for quick access.  Good luck 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I do not have gout I have chronic cramping in my calves

@SilleeMee wrote: