Valued Contributor

I drink tap water when I am home; we have a filter beneath our kitchen sink. If we are away from home, we drink bottled water.

Honored Contributor

I drink tap, always have as long as the taste where I happen to be is acceptable or unless there has been a safety alert.

Why is drinking from a plastic container any safer than tap?  Anyone?

Respected Contributor

I drink tap water every day.  it tastes better than any bottled water I've ever tried.  I did use a Brita filter for some time but stopped (I don't remember why).  But, my tap water is good.

Super Contributor

We drink tap water.  Our water is naturally soft.  We have a Brita pitcher in the frig for the Keurig or picky people.  I have lived in several states and the tap water here is the best anywhere I have lived.  The only time I drink bottled water is when that is all that is available.  

Honored Contributor

We have our own well and our tap water is great - no funky smells or anything like that.  Even so, I purchased a hydrogenating gizmo from Evine because I read hydrogenated water is better for you.  We've been pretty busy the last few months so I keep forgetting to use it, but I'll eventually get around to it.

Honored Contributor

I'm lucky that my tap water tastes good - I drink it all the time and use a Brita pitcher.  So much better than plastic bottles / plastic waste that doesn't decompose for hundreds of years.

Honored Contributor

I use a Brita, but only b/c I don't like the taste of the local water.  doesn't bother MrB b/c he grew up here

it's odd how buying bottles of water has become a norm, why not just get a filter thingy

Esteemed Contributor

@StylishLady wrote:

I drink bottled water, mainly Zephyrhills brand. DH uses a Britta filter jug for his. When our old fridge bites the dust, we'll get one with filtered water on the door.

Need I say more!  Zhills

Honored Contributor

I have an under the counter three stage water filter in the kitichen for all my drinking and cooking needs... also dogs get the filtered water as well.  in my bath I have shower filters and use bath balls that filter the water when I take a bath.  We have good water where I live, but, I want to protect myself from any chances that there could be bacteria or cysts in the water. 

Esteemed Contributor

We have a Pur water filter on the kitchen faucet and use that for all drinking and cooking.  The tap water here tastes just fine, but I feel better knowing that my water has been filtered.  DH drinks lots of bottled water, but I avoid it if at all possible.  Those plastic bottles have sat in blazing hot delivery trucks and hot water plus plastic = possible chemicals in the "healthy" bottled water. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett