Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Tamflu - why don't doctors give it to family members - it could save so much misery.

On top of all of the above.. many Insurance Co., do NOT cover

this medicine and here in Michigan it is $200.00 for 10 tablets...

:

You may pay $200.00 for a medicine that does not work for you

but can work for your neighbor...

Honored Contributor

Re: Tamflu - why don't doctors give it to family members - it could save so much misery.

Our doctors will give us Tamiflu prescriptions if anyone is diagnosed with the flu, but this is because we have discussed this topic due to there being 3 people in my household with respiratory issues.
Contributor

Tamiflu worked like a charm for me. My flu was confirmed with test.

Honored Contributor

On 12/6/2014 adelle38 said:
On 12/6/2014 OkeyDokey said:

Elderberry syrup or homebrew elderberry tincture. Elderberry syrup should be available at many pharmacies. I actually made some homebrew from dried elderberries, but it is not suitable for children because it is alcohol based, after all. Tamiflu was over the counter for many years until somebody figured out that they could make a ton of money by pulling it making it prescription only.

Isn't elderberry wine what Cary Grant's aunts used to kill their "gentleman" is Arsenic and Old Lace? Yes,

Yes, but with their own "special ingredient" lol Smiley Happy