Honored Contributor

Re: Taking hydrogen peroxide internally ?

@Vivian wrote:

I had a neighbor who went from one ffood fad to another. He went from vegan to caveman beef diet, from some sort of maple syrup diet to another cure that nearly killed him. One of his fads was hydrogen peroxide. He told me how important it was...a special kind that he ordered from somewhere. After watching his loony ideas for 15 years, I then saw him leave his wife and two daughters for a life in Nice France. Bottom line..H2O2 is not a dietary supplement.

@Vivian

Did he take turpentine as well?

That seems to have a group of fans, too.  Of course, they say it's not the same turpentine that you'd use as a paint thinner....

Esteemed Contributor

KittyLou, I don’t know whether he took turpentine (yuk) but since he now lives in France, I’d guess he might have tried the foie gras-snail diet. He never believed in doctors and when I saw him at his daughter’s college graduation party, he could hardly walk. He said he thought he might need a hip replacement but he would never agree to that. I felt like asking him if he was massaging his hip with Camembert or Brie. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot  

Intentionally  drinking it, a practice that is being embraced by some who believe diluting hydrogen peroxide in water creates a “super water” that can be used to naturally treat various ailments — including sinus infections, arthritis and cancer..... some say it will alkaline the body.   

But, Consuming the liquid can burn holes in the esophagus and stomach and can create oxygen bubbles that can be released in the bloodstream. When that happens,  the bubbles can travel to the brain and cause seizures and strokelike symptoms. 

It is not not something I would ever  suggest or do.  I was surprised how many customers I waited on raved about ingesting this form of H 2O 2. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@QueenDanceALot  

Intentionally  drinking it, a practice that is being embraced by some who believe diluting hydrogen peroxide in water creates a “super water” that can be used to naturally treat various ailments — including sinus infections, arthritis and cancer..... some say it will alkaline the body.   

But, Consuming the liquid can burn holes in the esophagus and stomach and can create oxygen bubbles that can be released in the bloodstream. When that happens,  the bubbles can travel to the brain and cause seizures and strokelike symptoms. 

It is not not something I would every suggest or do.  I was surprised how many customers I waited on raved about ingesting this form of H 2O 2. 

@SeaMaiden

Thanks.  My first thought when I read about this (just today here!) was that it would burn holes in the digestive tract.

But why is it "Food Grade" if it shouldn't be consumed?  Or, more accurately I guess, HOW is it Food Grade if it's dangerous.  Is it just Food Grade because it's dilute?

I'm just curious. I have ZERO interest in trying it myself.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@QueenDanceALot  

It is not not something I would every suggest or do.  I was surprised how many customers I waited on raved about ingesting this form of H 2O 2. 

@SeaMaiden

Thanks.  My first thought when I read about this (just today here!) was that it would burn holes in the digestive tract.

But why is it "Food Grade" if it shouldn't be consumed?  Or, more accurately I guess, HOW is it Food Grade if it's dangerous.  Is it just Food Grade because it's dilute?

@QueenDanceALot   Food grade has no stabilizers such as acetanilide, which  has some liver toxicity associated with it ,So, the difference is that food grade does not contain any stabilizers, ‘regular’ hydrogen peroxide does contain a stabilizer(s).

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@QueenDanceALot  

@SeaMaiden

@QueenDanceALot   Food grade has no stabilizers such as acetanilide, which  has some liver toxicity associated with it ,So, the difference is that food grade does not contain any stabilizers, ‘regular’ hydrogen peroxide does contain a stabilizer(s).

@SeaMaiden

Gotcha.  Thanks!

Crazy stuff............

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

How to make a dog vomit up something it shouldn't have eaten........

give it hydrogen peroxide.

https://www.petmd.com/blogs/fullyvetted/2013/may/how-to-make-a-dog-vomit-30304

Honored Contributor

I think there might be a poison control hotline. There used to be one. My neighbor used it once ,when she discovered the karo syrup ,she used in her baby's formula ,had mold in it

Maybe it you talk to them, it will convince her

Super Contributor

@isaboo wrote:

My sister has recently started doing this- the peroxide is specifically for international use. I was just wondering if anyone has heard about this or does it?

What??! Please do not do that. It is extremely dangerous if consumed. My goodness, what is she thinking???
Education | Sorority Alumna | PGA Foundation | Coffee and Brunch are my thing.
Honored Contributor

I think I might actually have heard or read everything now