Trusted Contributor

Taking hydrogen peroxide internally ?

My sister has recently started doing this- the peroxide is specifically for international use. I was just wondering if anyone has heard about this or does it?

Honored Contributor

Re: Taking hydrogen peroxide internally ?

As reported by Google, it can be very dangerous.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@isaboo wrote:

My sister has recently started doing this- the peroxide is specifically for international use. I was just wondering if anyone has heard about this or does it?

@isaboo  I worked in the natural supplement industry for going on 30 years.  H2O2 Therapy was always very popular.  We had many many customers who used  FOOD GRADE Hydrogen Peroxide for many things including drinking it diluted.   It was and is still highly controversial subject.  You have those who swear by drinking it....and those who say it is harmful and worthless to consume. 

I chose not not to partake in consuming it. Many companies sell diluted sweetened flavored  ready to drink bottles....and you can also purchase are it straight where you dilute it yourself.   Undiluted it is VERY CAUSTIC and will actually burn holes through material if it spills on anything. 

Hopefully your sister is being being careful and following instructions on how to consume safely.  It can make you very sick feeling and will foam up out of your stomach...out of your mouth. Those people who partake in consumption say over time these side affects lessen.....

Honored Contributor

It is diluted?  

I think ingesting regular hydrogen peroxide can really be dangerous.

Honored Contributor

Snopes

Do not take it internally.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hydrogen-peroxide/

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

It is diluted?  

@Bri369  It is 35% FOOD GRADE H2O2.   It is  Not the  same hydrogen Peroxide hat you buy for cuts etc. that is a 3% NON food grade H2O2.

The 35% is Diluted to a 3% dilution and THAT is added  IN TO MORE LIQUID....ONLY INGEST MAYBE A teaspoon at at time of the diluted 3% strength. 

I am am not an advocate of this...just know a lot about it 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all for the information. Sounds a little scary to me now. I know she got it from a pharmacist and was instructed to star out with very little.

Honored Contributor

@isaboo wrote:

@isaboo

Did she say why she’s doing this?

Esteemed Contributor

I had a neighbor who went from one ffood fad to another. He went from vegan to caveman beef diet, from some sort of maple syrup diet to another cure that nearly killed him. One of his fads was hydrogen peroxide. He told me how important it was...a special kind that he ordered from somewhere. After watching his loony ideas for 15 years, I then saw him leave his wife and two daughters for a life in Nice France. Bottom line..H2O2 is not a dietary supplement.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

It is diluted?  

@Bri369  It is 35% FOOD GRADE H2O2.   It is  Not the  same hydrogen Peroxide hat you buy for cuts etc. that is a 3% NON food grade H2O2.

The 35% is Diluted to a 3% dilution and THAT is added  IN TO MORE LIQUID....ONLY INGEST MAYBE A teaspoon at at time of the diluted 3% strength. 

I am am not an advocate of this...just know a lot about it 

@SeaMaiden

If it's FOOD GRADE why are you against it?

And what are the supposed benefits of it?